Followers

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Follow by Email

Be a Social Blogger

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The First Death by Laurell K. Hamilton

Summary:
Her fans have been asking for it - now, Laurell K. Hamilton delivers a look into Anita Blake's past! Written by Laurell K. Hamilton herself, along with Jonathon Green, The First Death takes place almost a year before the events being chronicled in Guilty Pleasures. Witness the first meeting of Anita and Jean-Claude, Anita's first time inside Guilty Pleasures, her first serial-killer case, and an early encounter with Edward. Prepare to be thrilled by this original story produced especially for comics! Collects Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The First Death #1-2 and Anita Blake: Guilty Pleasures Handbook.
Summary taken from Goodreads.com

It's been many ears since I first discovered the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton and have only read a third of the series I've been left wondering how Anita met Jean-Claude. This explained it perfectly. It wasn't the best graphic novel I've read in the series but it was still good. I'm a sucker for the artwork. I think it's absolutely stunning! The story was short since the last half of the book is a spoiler-ish half where it summarizes Guilty Pleasusres and gives you info on characters and stuff.
This is something I would tell other fans to read and I enjoyed it. Go check it out people :)

★ ★ ★ 1/2

3 comments:

  1. interesting. Do you read the Hollows? Have you seen her graphics? wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definitely know something about graphic novels. i have as well been impressed with the art work i have seen from this series.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!