Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne



Summary:
The Bear of Very Little Brain and his friends from the Hundred Acre Wood have delighted generations of readers since Winnie-the-Pooh was first published in 1926.

Back by popular demand, the four full-color gift editions of the original Pooh classics are available again. These elegant books, larger in format than the classic editions, include all of Ernest H. Shepard's illustrations, each meticulously hand-painted in delicate watercolors.

Here are the two great storybooks chronicling the adventures of Christopher Robin and all the inhabitants of the Hundred Acre Wood, as well as the two charming volumes of poems. Bright in color and true in spirit, these are books for giving--To Pooh fans of all ages.

Summary taken from Goodreads.com

I think the last time I read this book was back when I was first learning how to read with my Daddy so that would make it about 18 years ago...I can't believe it's been so long! Returning to Hundred Acre Wood was lovely and despite the fact that I'm no longer 3 years old that silly old bear still makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Reading this book again was like coming home to old friends. The only thing is they stayed the same while I got older. I really loved reading this again and I'm glad I picked it up on a whim. It was nice to slip back into that world of Winnie the Pooh. I was delighted to see that the stories still had their magic for me and I found myself giggling through out just like I did all those years ago.

If you have children and even if you don't I really hope that you'll pick this book up and read it no matter how old you are. Whether you are a new friend or old this book will be like a warm blanket on a cold day enveloping you in the warm scent of nostalgia, This is another book that I will be reading to my future spawn one day and I hope to instill a deep love of reading in them by reading this book to them.
★ ★ ★ ★


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!