Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, January 5, 2017

2017 Reviewing What I Want Blogging Challenge Sign Up






Am I the only blogger who sometimes feels pressured to post certain content? If you've been a follower of the blog for sometime you'll know that I have never really put myself in a box in terms of labeling my blog a romance blog, horror blog or historical fiction blog, and I sure am NOT saying that if you blog about certain genres only that it's a bad thing BUT every now and again I like to read something and I want to review it but I have this itty bitty voice that says NO ONE WILL READ THIS...and it's happened where I've reviewed something that maybe isn't the "in book" at the time but I think we often feel pressure to produce content that people want and then sometimes we get burnt out from reading certain things and reviewing certain things without talking about that really obscure band singer from the 1960's biography because that maybe isn't your audience. It may seem like we have a lot of freedom when it comes to posting on our blogs but I think we hold ourselves in check too much so I've created the 2017 Reviewing What I Want Blogging Challenge.

The point of this challenge is to free us up because challenges do seem to push people to read more, write more, DO MORE outside their comfort zones so why not turn it towards our blogging lives? If you run a book blog but want to review a couch GO AHEAD AND DO IT. If you run a fashion blog and want to review a classic novel or an obscure cookbook DO IT. If you want to do more posts on your kitchen counter herb garden and run a historical fiction blog and don't know how it will be received use this to promote it. Basically this challenge is to give us more freedom from ourselves to post things outside the scope of our usual content and I hope you'll join me in this. Be it fashion, book, gardening, lifestyle or whatever else kind of blogger you might be and you want to post new stuff on your blog USE THIS CHALLENGE!  Also, use the hashtag #BloggingWhatIWant when using social media and use the graphic below but please link it back to this post. Feel free to post a mini version on your blogs and don't forget to include it somewhere in your sign up posts, and whatever posts you do involving this challenge.

The challenge runs until January 1st 2018 and there will be monthly link ups (the last day of the month) so make sure you link up on the monthly link ups. You can post multiple links or just do a monthly wrap up just so long as you link up somehow once a month. Make sure you comment on each others posts and happy blogging! Any questions you may have feel free to comment below, e-mail, tweet or Facebook me on the blog's Facebook page (links in sidebar).


5 comments:

  1. This is a really good idea for a challenge. I think people will have a lot of fun include you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea, though most of my reviews are like this hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Do wha cha like" - Digital Underground. I'm all about keepin' it real and so do blog what's prevalent in my life - kids, cooking, reading, knitting, crochet, & cards. I follow only a few book bloggers and for me it's nice when she blogs about a book that everyone isn't talking about. I get leery of books that are so hyped up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! With my own blog I write about what I'm reading, what I'm writing and about the writing process. But, when it comes to what I read I'm all over the map, and every now and then I post something totally random. I have worried that not having a more consistent theme might hurt me when it comes to my followers. I often feel pressure to read newer books so I can post reviews for books that most people haven't read, but I have a whole list of books that aren't new that I want to read. I think this is a great idea. At the end of the day I follow bloggers that I think are like me, and if they branch out and write about different things that interest them, I may discover something new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!