Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #156


The Drowning King (Fall of Egypt #2)Ancient Egypt, 51 B.C. Sisters Arsinoe and Cleopatra face a devastating choice: to allow Rome's army to siphon power from their ailing father, or to take matters--and the dynasty--into their own hands.

It's the dawn of a new era for Egypt as Cleopatra and her brother, Ptolemy, are welcomed to the throne after their father's death. But joint rule breeds its own conflicts: can the Nile be shared? Long overlooked by his father in favor of the beguiling Cleopatra, Ptolemy is determined to prove his ability as both man and king-but, at eleven, he is no match for his elder sister, who's quick to assert her primacy throughout the land.

Their sister Arsinoe is torn between her siblings in one of history's greatest power struggles. As the palace echoes with rumors, scandals and betrayal, Arsinoe's love for her childhood friend Alexander deepens into a forbidden passion that could endanger both their lives. When Cleopatra is forced to flee a rebel uprising, Arsinoe decides she has no choice but to follow her sister into exile.

Yet while Cleopatra gathers an army to retake the crown, Arsinoe begins to doubt whether her sister is the champion Egypt needs. Faced with the choice of betraying her family or her country, Arsinoe will determine a kingdom's fate and the course of history.
Length: 432 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: April 4th 2017 by Little, Brown and Company

Why I'm Waiting:
I haven't read the first book in this series yet, but it is coming up on my TBR pile and I have one of those feelings where I know I'm going to enjoy the book so I can't wait to read this one. Cleopatra, Ptolemy. You had me at hello.

A mysterious keepsake, a murdered bride, a legacy of secrets...
The Fourteenth LetterOne balmy June evening in 1881, Phoebe Stanbury stands before the guests at her engagement party: this is her moment, when she will join the renowned Raycraft family and ascend to polite society.
As she takes her fiancé's hand, a stranger holding a knife steps forward and ends the poor girl's life. Amid the chaos, he turns to her aristocratic groom and mouths: 'I promised I would save you.'
The following morning, just a few miles away, timid young legal clerk William Lamb meets a reclusive client. He finds the old man terrified and in desperate need of aid: William must keep safe a small casket of yellowing papers, and deliver an enigmatic message: The Finder knows.With its labyrinth of unfolding secrets, Claire Evans' riveting debut will be adored by fans of Kate Mosse, Carlos Ruiz Zafon and Jessie Burton.
Length: 448 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: April 6th 2017 by Sphere
ADD TO GOODREADS

Why I'm Waiting:
This one just seems to have such a complex emotionally wrought story between it's cover that I can't help but be curious about it. It sounds like one that will have me put my thinking cap on as well.

What Are You Waiting On?
if-youre-here-blinkie

7 comments:

  1. These both sound amazing! Thanks for introducing me to them! Great picks, I hope you enjoy when you read them :)
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice picks! Both are totally new to me ones! Hope you enjoy them both!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some plot for the second book; I feel sorry for the murdered fiance. The first sounds good too. I'm curious about Cleopatra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liekd that you didn't read the first book but you're still waiting for the sequel, but sometimes we just know the book will be good

    Ruty @Reading…Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

    Click Here
    Imdb.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

    Mibotanicals.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!