Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

James Herriot's Cat Stories by James Herriot


Summary:
Between these covers, teller and tales finally meet in a warm and joyful new collection that will bring delight to the hearts of readers the world over: James Herriot's Cat Stories. Here are Buster, the kitten who arrived on Christmas; Alfred, the cat at the sweet shop; little Emily, who lived with the gentleman tramp; and Olly and Ginny, the kittens who charmed readers when they first appeared at the Herriots' house in the worldwide bestseller Every Living Thing. And along with these come others, each story as memorable and heartwarming as the last, each told with that magical blend of gentle wit and human compassion that marks every word from James Herriot's pen.
Summary taken from Goodreads.com

So you can probably tell that I'm in a bit of an animal or nature phase but how can someone not love James Herriot's stories? They are perfect for any age level and even though this book is about cat stories it will appeal to the animal lover in general with its heartwarming tales that make you or me at least want to grab the pet nearest to me and hug them.

I first read a James Herriot book on October 6th and I read his Dog Stories which had literally been sitting on my bookshelf for 14 years. No word of a lie I got it as a gift from my favourite uncle when I was 7 years old and it took me until then to read it. I really wish I had read his books sooner but now that I have read a couple of his works I shall be looking into reading more of them.

I really loved this book all the stories were so sweet and I love the way he writes. He really put his heart and soul into his books so he could inspire a new generation of people to read about, become interested in and love animals. That is me to a T. I have 2 cats, a dog, 2 birds, 1 gerbil, and 3 hamsters. In fact my cat Stormy bears a striking resemblance to the black and white cat on the cover who is named Ollie and appears in several stories in this book.

I can't say for sure that I have a favourite story but I really liked the story of Emily the cat who was taken in by a man and then just before they were going to spay her got pregnany and only had one kitten. One kitten that was almost as big as her when he was born via cesaerean section. The owner of Emily was so worried about her it was so touching. The illustrations that appear throughout the book fit in perfectly and give the book a little something extra.

I definetly recommend this book to the animal lovers out there. This is the perfect feel good book and a quick, easy, light read that is made to be read on a lazy day with a cup of tea or coffee and a cat (though any animal will do).




★ ★ ★ ★ ★






1 comment:

  1. Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

    Click Here
    Imdb.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!