Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Friday, January 6, 2012

The Viking's Sacrifice by Julia Knight




Summary:
Viking raiders destroyed Wilda's home. She witnessed the murder of her mother and would have been killed herself if it weren't for the Viking boy Einar, who saved her from his ruthless brother. The blood and murder left Wilda cold and shorn of feeling.
Eight years later, the heathens return for Wilda. As a captive in the Viking village, she finds protection and silent comfort in the man who once gallantly saved her.
Einar has been cursed to silence by his brother. With the dark net of his brother's power cast over their village, silence is a small price to pay for his family's safety. But Einar is immediately drawn to Wilda, and the need to protect her from his brother awakens his Viking courage. Can Einar break his brother's curse in time to save the village and the woman he loves?69,000 words
Summary taken from Goodreads.com

Oh how I love historical romance! A damaged hero and a lady captured to be his brothers wife. Sounds like the makings of a good story right? Unfortunately this one wasn't that great. In fact I'd call this one mediocre.

I could not no matter how hard I tried and I did try believe me connect to any of the characters in this story at all. To me the writing was bland and predictable. I found the story to be one of those stop and go tales where there was no seamless flow in the writing, The author, I'm assuming thought it would be a splendid idea to add some non english words into the story in an effort to connect the story to the setting but I feel like it didn't work at all and that they were placed haphazardly. I also thing that the author tended to ramble in the writing and repeat certain words so it was hard to focus on the story.

I do appreciate what the author was trying to achieve however this one fell very short of my expectations. I will despite finding this book to be "just okay" that I will try the author's other work in an effort to give her a fighting chance to allow me to like her.


*I recieved a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my free and honest review.

★ ★

1 comment:

  1. I love historical romance novels! This one sounds really good. Will have to put it on my wish list. Don't you love NetGalley?!!!!!!
    Natalie :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!