Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #50



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!

Here are my picks for the week

Godiva: A Novel
 
Summary:
 
Everyone knows the legend of Lady Godiva—the woman who (in)famously rode naked on horseback through Coventry to relieve her people from unfair taxation. But why would a lady of the court take it all off and risk everything, including husband, home, and well-being?

In this richly imagined retelling of an oft-told ancient tale, Nicole Galland gives us Lady Godiva in all her, um, glory, as she and her best friend (the Abbess Egdiva) and husband (Leofric, Earl of Mercia) embark on an adventure filled with courtly intrigue, deceit, back-stabbing, and romance.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 336 pages
Expected Publication Date: July 2nd 2013 by William Morrow Paperbacks
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I love the legend of Lady Godiva but sadly I haven't really read any novels about her so I'm very excited for the upcoming release of this book. I can't wait to read this one and it's too bad that July is so far away.
 
 
Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)
 
Summary:
 
The worldwide phenomenon continues as Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts, and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires…

From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.

No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.

Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: N/A
Expected Publication Date: June 4th 2013 by Berkley
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I absolutely LOVED the first two books in the Crossfire series and I am dying to read the third installment! Luckily for me this book come out 4 days after my birthday so Mr. Turning the Pages is going to have to buy me this one!
 
Now, what are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?

 
 

11 comments:

  1. I have Bared to You and Reflected in You in my TBR pile. I want to read them soon. Great pick :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to start the Crossfire series!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I never gave Lady Godiva much thought beyond her infamous ride, but it would be interesting to experience the larger story.

    Here's my WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read 'Bared to You' yet but it's high on my TBR list.
    Great picks :-)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read Bared to You, but I have it.. and I've been wanted to read it. Maybe I should get to it.
    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two good picks, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know either of these books - thanks for sharing them.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get the book as a birthday present

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm only up to 'Bared to You' OMG, I'm so behind! D:
    Thanks for sharing, and reminding me to pick up the pace lol

    ~Check out my WoW?
    -New Follower! (:

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!