Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #74

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!
 
Here are my picks for the week: 
 
Heavy Metal (Goddesses Rising, #2)
 
Summary:
 
The world is not what Riley Kordek imagined. On the run from those who’ve targeted her, all Riley wants is a chance to figure out her new ability to bend metal’s energy. When a hot guy who knows more than he should helps her escape her attackers, she thinks she might’ve found someone who can lead her to the answers she needs.

Three years ago, Sam Remington walked away from his employer and the woman he loved, and now, all he’s looking to do is fill the gaping hole left behind. Except, when Sam takes Riley to the Society for Goddess Education and Defense, the stakes rise beyond what either of them could have imagined.

After being alone for so long, falling for Sam would be far too easy for Riley—and far too painful, once his old flame calls needing his help. Worse, Riley uncovers a plot with disastrous ramifications not only for herself, but for Sam and the people he loves—and potentially every goddess in the country.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 352 pages
Expected Publication Date: August 27th 2013 by Entangled Publishing
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
Even though this is the second book in the Goddess Rising series and I didn't read the first book in the series I'm really looking forward to this one coming out because it sounds like it's going to be awesome.
 
Gideon Smith and the Mechanical Girl
 
Summary:
 
Nineteenth century London is the center of a vast British Empire. Airships ply the skies and Queen Victoria presides over three-quarters of the known world—including the East Coast of America, following the failed revolution of 1775.

London might as well be a world away from Sandsend, a tiny village on the Yorkshire coast. Gideon Smith dreams of the adventure promised him by the lurid tales of Captain Lucian Trigger, the Hero of the Empire, told in Gideon’s favorite “penny dreadful.” When Gideon’s father is lost at sea in highly mysterious circumstances Gideon is convinced that supernatural forces are at work. Deciding only Captain Lucian Trigger himself can aid him, Gideon sets off for London. On the way he rescues the mysterious mechanical girl Maria from a tumbledown house of shadows and iniquities. Together they make for London, where Gideon finally meets Captain Trigger.

But Trigger is little more than an aging fraud, providing cover for the covert activities of his lover, Dr. John Reed, a privateer and sometime agent of the British Crown. Looking for heroes but finding only frauds and crooks, it falls to Gideon to step up to the plate and attempt to save the day...but can a humble fisherman really become the true Hero of the Empire?

David Barnett's Gideon Smith and the Mechanical Girl is a fantastical steampunk fable set against an alternate historical backdrop: the ultimate Victoriana/steampunk mash-up!
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
 Length: 352 pages
Expected Publication Date: September 10th 2013 by Tor Books
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
Haven't read much Steampunk but this novel looks totally awesome.
I love the cover and I think the summary sounds really unique.
 

What are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?

 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this series, but now I'll have to take a look at it. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WOW Pick.

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavy metal looks awesome :) Great pick!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of the Goddess Rising series! I'm going to definitely check it out - they sound like something I'd really like!! Thanks!!

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got an ARC of Gideon Smith, and have David stopping by for an interview before the release date - can't wait to give it a read.

    Here's my WOW for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cover on Heavy Metal ;-) Sounds interesting. Having the ability to bend metal’s energy.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! Enjoy your reads. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heavy Metal sound great plus that cover is absolutely gorgeous. I would love to read the book when it comes out so thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy reading your picks!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy! your picks.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks! I'm intrigued enough by Heavy Metal that I'm off to check out the first one. Gideon Smith is one on my wishlist, looking forward to getting my hands on a copy!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!