Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday 56 #21


This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56 

 Rules:
 
 *Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it
 
Return To Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #8)
 
Summary:
 
American archaeologist Nina Wilde and her husband, ex-SAS bodyguard Eddie Chase, are back for another heart-stopping, globe-spanning adventure in the latest New York Times bestselling series that “raises the bar to please adventure junkies who prefer to mainline their action” (Publishers Weekly, starred review).

A MISSING SCRAP OF ANCIENT PARCHMENT.
THREE POLISHED PURPLE STONES.
AND FROM THE SUNKEN WORLD OF ATLANTIS:
THE GREATEST POWER ON EARTH.

Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase have stunned the world with their discoveries, from the legendary sword Excalibur to the golden city of El Dorado. Now, by bringing together three ancient statues from three different continents, Nina is about to tap into a colossal energy source—one not felt since the days of Atlantis.

But when the statues are stolen and Eddie is falsely accused of murder, forcing him to go on the run to hunt the man responsible, a violent struggle erupts among a secret, vastly powerful group that wants to control Nina and the earth energy. From a glittering, high-tech skyscraper in Japan to a harrowing chase beneath the Vatican and an underground military vault in Nevada, she and Eddie must piece together an astounding puzzle. For Nina Wilde is the key to a plot that will change the world forever. And Eddie is the key to keeping her alive.
Summary & cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 481 pages (Paperback)
Publication Date: August 28th 2012 by Bantam (first published November 8th 2011)
 
My 56:
(From Pg. 156)
 
Nina heard the clatter of metal on the floor. Run while Agnelli was down, or go for the gun and turn the tables?
 
What's you're Friday 56?
 
if-youre-here-blinkie

12 comments:

  1. This cover really reminds me of the Divergent covers! I think I've seen this one on another blog as well and I love archaeologists, so maybe I should check it out!
    Thanks for sharing :) I hope you enjoy it!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for the gun!! LOL

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an exciting read.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this series before. It really sounds like it would keep me on the edge of my seat. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover and the book sounds like one I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go for the gun and then run! :D

    I keep hearing good things about this one. I may need to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like how this sounds , adventurous and thrilling :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, I like Archaeology. I like lost parchments, and Lost Cities. It's a good adventure. Will try to find this novel.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!