Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #111

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released.
 
Now That You're Gone
 
Summary:
 
When the body of Isla’s brother, an ex-Marine and private investigator, is pulled from the River Clyde, she is convinced he was murdered. When the coroner declares Dougie’s died of accidental drowning and rules out foul play, the police are happy to close the case. But Isla has other ideas.

Determined to find out what really happened the night Dougie died, and why he was even in Glasgow, she starts looking into his unsolved cases. What she finds will put her in grave danger and force her to question everything she thought she knew about those closest to her . . .
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 352 pages (Kindle)
Expected Publication Date: June 5th 2014 by Hodder & Stoughton
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I love mysteries, and I especially love mysteries set in Scotland. This one sounds like it will be a great read and I can't wait for it to be published :)
 
A Triple Knot
 
Summary:
 
The critically acclaimed author of The King's Mistress brings another fascinating woman from history to life in an enthralling story of political intrigue, personal tragedy, and illicit love.
Joan of Kent, the renowned beauty and niece of King Edward III, seems blessed with a life of royal privilege until her father is executed for treason and she becomes a ward of the king, living amongst those who deem her the daughter of a traitor. Joan begins to understand the brutal constraints and dangers inherent in being of royal blood. There is one at court who loves her, but his love proves the greatest threat of all.

As an impetuous teenager, she escapes into a clandestine marriage in a bid for freedom, then must hide it for nearly a decade, as her guardians marry her off to another man. After her first husband's death, Joan—now a mother of four—enters into another scandalous relationship, this time with the heir to the British throne, Prince Edward, hero of Crécy and Poitiers, who has loved her all along. But his devotion comes at a terrible price. Haunted by nightmares of her father's execution and the ruthlessness of her royal kin, Joan must reconcile her passion for the crown prince with the potentially tragic costs of a royal life.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 400 pages (Paperback)
Expected Publication Date: July 8th 2014 by Broadway Books
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I adore historical fiction set in and around this period though I am ashamed to say that I have very little knowledge of Joan of Kent outside of my high school world history class. It certainly sounds like an intriguing read indeed.
 
What are you waiting on?
 
if-youre-here-blinkie 
 
 

24 comments:

  1. Ooo, those two sound fab! Great picks, Kimberly!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really my types of reads, but I hope that you can get copies soon! :D
    Waiting on Wednesday
    One Broke Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now That You're Gone sounds awesome, I too love mysteries!
    Awesome picks =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, great picks Kimberly! Even though these two books are entirely different, I'm loving the sound of both of them. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Doesn't it? I was lucky enough to be approved for an ARC so my wait is going to be over soon :)

      Delete
  6. Even though there are a surprisingly large amount of books set in Scotland out there, I still haven't read one and I've been living in Scotland for three years now.... I need to keep my eye on Now That You're Gone since it sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are but since I'm Canadian many of the mysteries on shelves her are set in the US so I love reading about Scotland :)

      Delete
  7. A Triple Knot sounds pretty awesome. I adore Historical Fiction though I admit I don't read as much of it as I'd like. Going to put that on my Goodreads though to remind myself to pick it up!
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love historical fiction to Kristin, isn't it nice to escape to a different Era?

      Delete
  8. Both seem really interesting. I like the blurbs. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both new to me, but they sound good. I hope you enjoy them both! :)

    Here's my WoW:

    http://addictreaders.blogspot.com/2014/05/waiting-on-wednesday-55-young-elites-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hallo, I'm new to your blog and wonder if you've read the Ann Cleeves books that are set in the Shetland Isles yet? The series begins with Raven Black
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet but I have it on hold at the library (along with the first book in her Vera series and the first season of the show), I've heard she's a fantastic author and I'm so excited to finally give her novels a try :)

      Delete
  11. Great picks. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!