Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday 56 #23


This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56 

 Rules:
 
 *Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it
 
Rainshadow Road 
 
Summary:
 
Lucy Marinn is a glass artist living in mystical, beautiful, Friday Harbor, Washington, with a boyfriend, Kevin, who she believes is her soul mate. She has always had a magical side - a gift that finds its way into the breathtaking glasswork she creates - and she struggles to keep it contained. But when Lucy is blindsided by the most bitter kind of betrayal, she questions many of her choices. Her boyfriend leaves her and his new lover is none other than Lucy's own sister. Lucy's bitterness over this devastation is multiplied buy the fact that she has constantly made the wrong choices in her romantic life.
Meanwhile, facing the severe disapproval of Lucy's family, Kevin asks his friend Sam Nolan, a local vineyard owner on the San Juan Island, to "romance" Lucy so that she can more easily move on. But when Sam and Lucy begin to feel real sparks between them, Lucy must ask herself if she can easily risk her heart again.

As Lucy questions her beliefs about love, loyalty, and old patterns, mistakes, and new beginnings, she explores the possibility that some things in life - even after are being broken - can be re-made into something beautiful. And that is the only by discovering who you really are that you can find the one who truly deserves you.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 417 pages (Hardcover Large Print Edition)
Publication Date: March 7th 2012 by Thorndike Press (first published January 1st 2012)
 
 
My 56:
Pg. 56 (Large Print Edition)
 
Alex was dressed in frayed jeans and an ancient sweatshirt, completely unlike his usual businesslike attire. His unshaven face was cast in the sullen shadow of a man who'd been drinking steadily for most of the afternoon
 
What's you're Friday 56?
 
if-youre-here-blinkie

32 comments:

  1. Great sentence choice! I really enjoyed this book and absolutely loved Alex though the magic aspects felt a little random.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it today and liked it quite a bit (Wasn't a fan of the first one) and I thought the magic elements were a little odd but I didn't mind too, too much. I'm really looking forward to next month when my book group reads the third one, I really like Zoe and I hope Alex can make me like him. Sam and Lucy were so cute in this one I liked them a lot.

      Delete
    2. I'm really looking to seeing your take on Dream Lake. I thought she did a good job with making Alex likable while still making his problems seem real. I HATED Crystal Cove though - probably the most disappointing read for me in 2013.

      Delete
    3. I'm glad she made Alex more likable. I don't think I could have handled his Mr. Grumpy Pants routine if it continued throughout the book. How come you didn't like Crystal Cove?

      Delete
  2. Nice imagery, I can picture him perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing I will say about this one is that she really brought the characters to life with her details :)

      Delete
  3. Great description of Alex in your Friday56. This book appeals to me because of its setting as well as its story line. I hope to spend some time in the San Juan Islands/Friday Harbor area soon. It would be fun to read a story set there.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: DARLIN' IRISH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend this one Sandra, it was a quick an light feel good read. I love the setting as well.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed this book and meant to read the others in the series. Thanks for sharing! Here's mine: “ONE KICK”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of this book, thank you for sharing it with us on this Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonder why he was so downtrodden?!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a word, Divorce. He's bit of a downer in this one, but the next one in the series is about him and I hope he stops being Mr. Grumpy Pants.

      Delete
  7. Such a great snippet. Just enough to reel me into the story.
    My Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great image in the 56. It sounds like a good book. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What has happened that has caused this business man to lose himself?! Thank you for stopping by; have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, I wonder why he was in that state? That snippet certainly makes one want to find out more. thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very descriptive snippet. I want to read this one. The summary sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, Alex! Don't spend your day in the bottle! Great snippet. Makes me wonder what happened!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a word? Divorce. Poor guy, if he weren't such a pain I'd feel bad for him.

      Delete
  13. Poor Alex ... ;) It's probably some girl ... I've never picked up a Kleypas book, I don't know why!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should soon! This was a quick and easy read, perfect for a lazy day.

      Delete
  14. Not my favorite series but I do read it. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my favourite either. I prefer her historical romances over her contemporaries.

      Delete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!