Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #136

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released.
 
The Sin Eater's Daughter
 
Summary:
 
A startling, seductive, deliciously dark debut that will shatter your definition of YA fantasy.

16-year-old Twylla lives in the castle. But although she's engaged to the prince, no one speaks to her. No one even looks at her. Because Twylla isn't a member of the court. She's the executioner.

As the goddess-embodied, Twylla kills with a single touch. So each week, she's taken to the prison and forced to lay her hands on those accused of treason. No one will ever love her. Who could care for a girl with murder in her veins? Even the prince, whose royal blood supposedly makes him immune to her touch, avoids her.

But then a new guard arrives, a boy whose playful smile belies his deadly swordsmanship. And unlike the others, he's able to look past Twylla's executioner robes and see the girl, not the goddess. Yet a treasonous romance is the least of Twylla's problems. The queen has a plan to destroy her enemies-a plan that requires an unthinkable sacrifice. Will Twylla do what it takes to protect her kingdom? Or will she abandon her duty in favor of a doomed love?
  
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 320 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: February 24th 2015 by Scholastic Press
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
This one sounds like it's going to be a great start to a new YA fantasy series and I like the idea of Twylla being the executioner in this series, not a damsel in distress. Plus the cover is amazing!
 
Mark of the Thief (Mark of the Thief, #1)
 
Summary:
 
When Nic, a slave in the mines outside of Rome, is forced to enter a sealed cavern containing the lost treasures of Julius Caesar, he finds much more than gold and gemstones: He discovers an ancient bulla, an amulet that belonged to the great Caesar and is filled with a magic once reserved for the Gods -- magic some Romans would kill for.

Now, with the deadly power of the bulla pulsing through his veins, Nic is determined to become free. But instead, he finds himself at the center of a ruthless conspiracy to overthrow the emperor and spark the Praetor War, a battle to destroy Rome from within. Traitors and spies lurk at every turn, each more desperate than the next to use Nic's newfound powers for their own dark purposes.

In a quest to stop the rebellion, save Rome, and secure his own freedom, Nic must harness the magic within himself and defeat the empire's most powerful and savage leaders.
  
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 352 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: February 24th 2015 by Scholastic Press
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I'm a fan of almost anything that has to deal with Rome and magic and this series looks fantastic.
 
if-youre-here-blinkie 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. The Sin Eater's Daughter sounds incredible! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive seen this a lot lately. I'll go check this out too :)

    Here's mine:
    WaitingOnWednesday@EverythingNyze

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover for The Sin-Eater's Daughter is gorgeous and definitely one I want to read.
    Kirsty xx
    http://kirstylovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/11/12/waiting-on-wednesday-spring-knight/

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE SIN EATERS DAUGHTER, YES. Seriously, I wasn't really interested in it before, but every time I see it (and that cover!) it's grown on me. ;)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to The Sin Eater's Daughter and The Mark of Rome has a great cover, plus it sounds really good. I like anything to do with Rome and Greece, and all that ancient world stuff. Excellent WOW pick.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the cover for The Sin Eater's Daughter. The blurb sounds fantastic, too. It's definitely going on my TBR.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. YESSSS, OMG, I am SOOOO excited for The Sin Eater's Daughter!! It was my WoW a few weeks ago!! I hope you enjoy it! :)

    Here’s my WoW:

    http://addictreaders.blogspot.com/2014/11/waiting-on-wednesday-80-death-code-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick :) Sounds really good and I can't believe I never heard about it :O Here's my pick: http://www.lexielaser.com/2014/11/wow-heir.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Sin Eater's Daughter has such a pretty cover. I hope that story will be good as well.
    Great pick.
    Glass @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read The Sin Eater's Daughter, plus the cover is so beautiful! I love the idea that the MC is the executioner :D That will definitely be interesting! Hope you enjoy both books, great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both awesome picks!! I'm definitely waiting for The Sin Eater's Daughter too, it just sounds fascinating. And I hadn't heard much about Mark of the Thief before today, but I love the premise. Rome + Magic? I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW: Suspicion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited for the Sin Eater's Daughter! It sounds amazing and that cover! So pretty!
    Ariel @ Bookish Confessions

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!