Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #25

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!

Here are my picks for the week:


Frost Burned (Mercedes Thompson, #7)

Summary:

Shapeshifter Mercy Thompson's life is calming down, at least enough that she can focus on mundane matters like Black Friday sales. But on her return, Mercy is unable to contact her mate, Alpha Adam Hauptman, or the other members of their pack. All she knows is that Adam is angry and in pain. With the werewolves fighting a political battle to gain acceptance from the public, Mercy fears Adam's disappearance may be related - and that he and the pack are in serious danger. Outclassed and on her own, Mercy may be forced to seek assistance from the most unlikely of allies: the vampire seethe.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 352 pages
Expected Publication Date: March 5th 2013 by Orbit

Why I'm Waiting:

Um...hello? It's a new Mercy Thompson book. I MUST HAVES IT!
I tell you this is one that I'm going to be preordering. I love this series and I can't wait til the release on March 5th.


The Gathering Dark

Summary:

A mysterious teen boy knows the secrets of Keira’s dangerous hallucinations in this gripping romantic fantasy from the author of Claire de Lune.Keira’s hallucinating. First it’s a door hovering above the road; then it’s a tree in her living room. But with her parents fighting and her best friend not speaking to her, Keira can’t tell anyone about her breakdown.
Until she meets Walker. They have an electric connection, and somehow he can see the same shadowy images plaguing Keira.
But trusting Walker may be more dangerous than Keira could have ever imagined. The more she confides in him, the more intense—and frightening—her visions become. Because Walker is not what he appears to be. And neither are her visions.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 352 pages
Expected Publication Date: February 12th 2013 by Simon Pulse

Why I'm Waiting:

I think the cover is absolutely gorgeous and I'm kind of in love with it. I've heard great things about Claire De Lune but I still have to read that one so I'm hoping this is as good as it sounds. My only concern is that there will be a dreaded case of insta love between Walker and Keira. But I'm excited to read it none the less.

Current Giveaway

Don't forget to enter my 1,100 follower giveaway by clicking the button!
It's International!

Now, what are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?



22 comments:

  1. I love the cover of Gathering Dark too. I hate insta-love and I've never read Claire De Lune but I agree that it sounds like a really good read!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these sound really good and this is the 1st I've seen them. Great picks.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with a new Mercy Thompson! I've been a fan of Patricia Briggs for years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cover of Frost Burned and a Gathering Dark sounds deliciously creepy. Adding it to my list. Nice choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Gathering Dark is going to rock, can't wait to read it! I haven't heard of Frost Burned before, but it sounds cool!

    Thanks for stopping by,
    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend has been trying to get me to read Patricia Briggs for a few years. Great picks :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! I am SO waiting for the new Mercy Thompson as well! I LOVE Patricia Briggs series so much. I hadn't heard of the other one though, thanks for putting it on my radar. New Follower ^__^

    Here's a link to my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAH! Frost Burned! I can't wait for more Mercedes Thompson! It's about time that it will be out again! Been waiting forever!

    My WOW Post
    Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh! The Gathering Dark! What an interesting cover. And this isn't part of the Claire de Lune series, right? I might have to check this out, thanks for the heads up!

    Tara @ Hobbitsies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these sound great. I haven't read anything by Patricia Briggs, but I love the cover of that book, and I love werewolf books, so I will be checking these out. Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Gathering Dark has an awesome cover, indeed! And it sounds good! :D
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great covers and choices!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks! I still have to read the Mercy Thompson series. And The Gathering Dark sounds amazing! Plus that cover is just eye candy! LOL ;p Thanks for sharing! :d

    My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome choices! The Gathering Dark has an awesome cover! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm eagerly anticipating The Gathering Dark as well! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Gathering Dark sounds like a good read. I'll keep an eye out for this. Thanks for sharing, and happy reading!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read any works from either of these authors, but I definitely need to check them out. Both of your picks sound great! and I love the cover for The Gathering Dark ;)
    Thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. First off - LOVE the layout. It's so cute! & purple.. which is an automatic win for me ;)

    Great picks! Frost Burned sounds great. I've really been into the shifter scene lately.

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your blog, the colors, the images, the layout.

    Patricia Briggs is one of my favorite authors, but I haven't had a chance to read Frost Burned. Adding it to my TBR list on Goodreads. The Gathering Dark sounds really interesting, and I would love to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, duh on Mercy!! I love Briggs! I just wish should could write faster. But if she keeps writing awesome books, I won't argue. I love Alpha & Omega, too!!

    I haven't heard of The Gathering Dark - sounds very cool!! How can he see her visions???? And I'm usually okay with insta-love :)

    Great picks!!! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  21. AHH I LOVE PATRICIA BRIGGS!!! I had no idea that there was a new Mercy book coming out. GREAT pick! Thanks for stopping by!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!