Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, October 29, 2012

*[Author Guest Post] Benjamin Berkley on "The Writing Process"


Author Bio:


Benjamin Berkley
 
"Against My Will" is Benjamin Berkley's fifth book and debut novel. He is also the author of four self-help books: "My Wishes, Your Plan for Organizing Your Family's Needs" (Sourcebooks, June, 2006) "The Complete Executor's Guide" (Sourcebooks, June 2007) "Winning Your Social Security Disability Case" (Sourcebooks, February, 2008) and "Before You Say I Do Again, A Buyer's Beware Guide to Remarriage." (Frederick Fell Publishers, September, 2009).
And though writing is his passion, for over 34 years he has conducted a busy law practice in which he has seen many interesting clients come through his door. One in particular, an older woman with white hair, the kindest smile, and an amazing story became the inspiration for one of his characters for "Against My Will." Berkley lives in southern California with his wife Phyllis and their cat Riley. He has two grown children and is always bragging about his most beautiful grandson and granddaughter.
 
To visit Ben's Website CLICK HERE
To "Follow" Ben on Twitter CLICK HERE
To become a "Fan" of Ben on Goodreads CLICK HERE
 
Guest Post
 

I am not so regimented that I can sit down at my computer and start writing. Instead, something has to inspire me. And oddly enough, I get my most inspiration from my morning jogs. Perhaps it is the release of endorphins or something like that. But almost every day as I am jogging, a thought comes into my head and I find myself racing to get back home to write down my thoughts. (I should start carrying a mini digital recorder)

 Once back at my computer, I organize my thoughts into an outline and keep expanding the outline until each thought weaves with the next. And finally, I am working only from the outline as I begin to compose each chapter.

 Also, I use a lot of dialogue as I see my characters on the screen or a stage and this way they become very real to me. It is also most difficult to say goodbye.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking part in the tour! I'm looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.

    Click Here
    Ameba.jp

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!