Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #31



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!






Here are my picks for the week:
 
 
Premeditated
 
Summary:
 
A week ago, Dinah’s cousin Claire cut her wrists.

Five days ago, Dinah found Claire’s diary and discovered why.

Three days ago, Dinah stopped crying and came up with a plan.

Two days ago, she ditched her piercings and bleached the black dye from her hair.

Yesterday, knee socks and uniform plaid became a predator’s camouflage.

Today, she’ll find the boy who broke Claire.

By tomorrow, he’ll wish he were dead.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: N/A
Expected Publication Date: October 2013 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers      
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I don't know why I wan't to read this book other than the cover is pretty neat. This is outside of the norm for me in terms of YA reading but it sounds good. Too bad I have to wait a year to read it.
 
Altered (Altered, #1)
 
Summary: 
 
A story that starts with a girl and a boy. A girl who loves a boy so much , she'll risk anything for him. And a boy who knows only one thing--- kill anyone who stands in his way.

When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them.

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 336 pages
Expected Publication Date: January 2nd 2013 by Little, Brown & Co.             
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
Genetically altered kids? You had me at hello. I love these types of books and I'm so happy I only have to wait a few months for it to come out!
 
Now, what are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?
 
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. Premeditated just sounds so creepy and different! Really excited for it! Altered had me had genetically altered guys as well. Just love government conspiracies!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. These both sound totally amazing and I want to read them. :D Onto the wishlist they go. :) Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW,
    Kathy Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes and Yes. I'm also dying to read both of these. I keep going back and forth on which one I want to read more.

    Here's my WoW

    Thanks for sharing!

    ~Danica Page @Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great WoW's! I am especially eager to get hold of Altered; it sounds amazing..

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm waiting on both of those books too. I really want to get my hands on them ASAP. They just sound so amazing! Happy reading. I hope you'll drop by and check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Premeditated has such a beautiful cover and intrigiung synopsis, I can't wait to read it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks. Premeditated sounds creepy, which I like and Altered, well I might pet the cover. lol It sounds fantastic too..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=4559

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both sound so awesome! Love the blurb on the first one...very intense.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. DYING for Premeditated. It sounds like my kind of book! Come check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can work with genetically altered as well. Bring a little science into my fantasy and I'm all smiles! If you'd like you can check out my Waiting on Wednesday post here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want both of these!! They sound like they are going to be amazing!! Great pick!

    Our WoW for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two intriguing picks.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-gilded-wings-angel.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. both look awesome, hope you love them when you get your hands on them.

    Crazy Book S...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picks. I've got them both on my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Altered sounds really really good! I love books with genetically altered characters so this is perfect. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have both books on my to-read list and I can't wait to get my hands on both of them. They sound pretty good. Great picks!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!