Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wolf Storm by Dee Garretson


Wolf Storm
 
Summary:
 
This is Stefan's big break. He's on location in the mountains far from home for his first movie role, filming a blockbuster sci-fi adventure. The props, the spaceships, and the trained wolves on set should add up to a dream job, but acting turns out to be much tougher than he ever imagined, and he feels like his inner loser is all that's showing through. From the way his famously stuck-up co-star, Raine, treats him, he's pretty sure she thinks so too. And worst of all, no one will believe his claim that there are wild wolves haunting the forest around the set.

When a blizzard strikes, isolating the young co-stars and bringing hungry feral wolves into the open, Stefan must take on his biggest role yet--working together with his co-stars to survive. With no second takes, they only have one chance to get it right.

Lights,
Camera,
Action

Dee Garretson takes suspense and danger to new heights with her thrilling tale of friendship and survival against all odds.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 288 pages (Hardcover)
Publication Date: August 30th 2011 by HarperCollins         
 
Wolf Storm was everything I expected it to be and better. I wasn't really sure how much I would like it when I first borrowed it from the library but, I did know for a fact that it would be a book that I liked.
 
I've always enjoyed a good survivalist novel especially when they're YA or upper middle grade novels and of course the occasional middle grade novel as well. This one though really did impress me though. I was very surprised by how well thought out the story line was.
 
The main character Stephan is regular kid who just happens to land a major role in a movie, much to his amazement I might add. He's awkward, uncertain and completely out of his element in the woods  of Slovakia in the midst of seasoned co-stars. For me it was his uncertainty that made him a memorable character.
 
I'm not sure if it's just me or if it's the books I choose but a lot of the time when I read a YA book with a male main character they tend to be really cocky, rude and self centered no matter what age they are so for me Stephan's uncertainty and awkwardness was refreshing, I loved that he tried to bring people together when disaster struck and he was left alone with two other kids plus an older man in a hotel during a blizzard. It seemed as though he were a pillar of strength for the other characters in the book.
 
This book was on the lighter side of a survivalist novel because it's for middle grade readers who are on the cusp of YA. The parts where the survivors of the blizzard and the avalanche have to survive being hunted by the wild wolves of Slovakia on a mountain ironically called Wolf Mountain was great. The action was wonderful and even though it was on the lighter side it was intense enough to keep me interested because of how likable Stephan was as well as his resolute determination to keep everyone alive and well even at the risk of his own health and more often than not his own life.
 
I thought this was an extremely well written book perfect for anyone to read regardless of their age because of the action and the sense of adventure the book offers. My only complaint with the book was that the ending was rather abrupt and I wish it had been longer. I highly recommend this book to fans of the genre. I for one can't wait to read the author's other book as soon as I can.
 


Really Liked It!
★ ★ ★★
 
To "Like" Dee on Facebook CLICK HERE
To "Follow" Dee on Twitter CLICK HERE
To become a "Fan" of Dee on Goodreads CLICK HERE
To visit Dee's Website CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Chapters Indigo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Barnes & Noble CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via The Book Depository CLICK HERE

 
 



 
 

3 comments:

  1. Mate this is a very nice blog here. I wanted to comment & say that I enjoyed reading your posts & they are all very well written out. You make blogging look easy lol I’ll attemp to start a blog later today and I hope it’s half as good as your blog! Much success to you! Judi Bola Agen Sbobet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much with this fantastic new web site. I’m very fired up to show it to anyone. It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel for trying into the world. Situs Judi Bola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the information are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which really should do the trick! Have a nice day! Liga Jerman

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!