Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #35


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!

Here are my picks for the week:
 
Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)
 
Summary:
 
Qhuinn, son of no one, is used to being on his own. Disavowed from his bloodline, shunned by the aristocracy, he has finally found an identity as one of the most brutal fighters in the war against the Lessening Society. But his life is not complete. Even as the prospect of having a family of his own seems to be within reach, he is empty on the inside, his heart given to another....

Blay, after years of unrequited love, has moved on from his feelings for Qhuinn. And it’s about time: The male has found his perfect match in a Chosen female, and they are going to have a young—just as Qhuinn has always wanted for himself. It’s hard to see the new couple together, but building your life around a pipe dream is just a heartbreak waiting to happen. As he’s learned firsthand.

Fate seems to have taken these vampire soldiers in different directions... but as the battle over the race’s throne intensifies, and new players on the scene in Caldwell create mortal danger for the Brotherhood, Qhuinn finally learns the true definition of courage, and two hearts who are meant to be together... finally become one.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 544 pages
Expected Publication Date: March 26th 2013 by NAL Hardcover     
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I friggin love this series and I love Blay and Quinn (Though I do hate that people call the Qhuay). I've been waiting for forever for their story and I am so friggin' happy that their time has come and that this one comes out in March!
 
 

Orleans
 
Summary:
 
First came the storms.
Then came the Fever.
And the Wall.


After a string of devastating hurricanes and a severe outbreak of Delta Fever, the Gulf Coast has been quarantined. Years later, residents of the Outer States are under the assumption that life in the Delta is all but extinct… but in reality, a new primitive society has been born.

Fen de la Guerre is living with the O-Positive blood tribe in the Delta when they are ambushed. Left with her tribe leader’s newborn, Fen is determined to get the baby to a better life over the wall before her blood becomes tainted. Fen meets Daniel, a scientist from the Outer States who has snuck into the Delta illegally. Brought together by chance, kept together by danger, Fen and Daniel navigate the wasteland of Orleans. In the end, they are each other’s last hope for survival.

Sherri L. Smith delivers an expertly crafted story about a fierce heroine whose powerful voice and firm determination will stay with you long after you’ve turned the last page.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 336 pages
Expected Publication Date: March 7th 2013 by Putnam Juvenile     
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I love the sound of this book, I haven't read any YA especially not any YA dystopian novels set in New Orleans. I hope I can score an ARC of this because I'm dying to read it.
 
Now, what are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?

20 comments:

  1. Great picks! Orleans especially sounds really good. I haven't heard of it before but definitely need to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orleans looks so amazing! I have to read this series..ok maybe more like START it lol

    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the second time already that I've seen the JR Ward one, maybe I'll have to check it out for myself too! Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting for what feels like forever for Blay and Qhuinn to get together (I don't call them Qhuay either), so I'm super excited for Lover At Last.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard amazing things about the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, but I still haven't started it yet! Orleans looks good! Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice picks! I like both the covers pretty well. When I looked at Orleans, my fist thought was "Tomb Raider? O.O" *fg* But the story sounds interesting! I'm sure you'll love it when it's out!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fan of BDB too. Can't wait for HEA to happen to one of my favorite couple in a book. :)
    Didn't heard about Orleans before, but I agree it sounds very good and beautiful cover.
    Great picks!

    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo Yummy choice !! Orleans I think I have that on NG??? I must check. Rings a bell??

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. These both look tempting...especially Orleans. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for Qhay's book. I haven't heard about Orleans, but it looks great.

    Here is my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Orleans looks amazing! Straight onto my wish list it goes :)


    Tiffany @ Book Cover Justice
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have both books on my to-read list and I really, really want to read them. They both sounds pretty amazing. Great picks!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BDB is a phenomenal series!!Everytime a friend visit me they always ask to borrow the series from my bookself (i have the entire series as paperpacks!) I cant wait to read their story!!

    Here is mine


    Maria



    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I love your blog with the carriage and sparkles. I've seen Lover At Last a couple of times today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Orleans looks good to me, nice picks.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love the cover on the Orleans book! Hadn't seen that one before :)

    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  17. FINALLY! Finally Qhuinn's book! Yay! (Though, I do admit I liked reading about Blay with the lawyer...)

    Thanks for bringing this one up in my radar :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!