Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's Not Really About the Hair: An Outspoken Stylist's Smart Guide to Life by Tabatha Coffey


It's Not Really About the Hair: An Outspoken Stylist's Smart Guide to Life
 
Summary:
 
Fans of the hit Bravo show "Tabatha's Salon Takeover" tune in for the straight-shooting, unvarnished commentary of its ballsy, stylish, and savvy star. Though millions admire Tabatha Coffey's unflinching honesty and never-say-die attitude, some do not and have even taken to name-calling. Refusing to let others define her, she has reclaimed the word "bitch," transforming it to fit the person she is: Brave, Intelligent, Tenacious, Creative, and Honest.

In "It's Not Really About the Hair," this deeply private woman shares the experiences of her own life to encourage you to get in touch with your own inner bitch. Tabatha reveals how she used her strength and openness to help define her signature look, personal relationships, life choices, and tenacious work ethic--one that in her own words likens her to "a pit bull with a bone." Here are the people and the circumstances that have led her to a place of honesty, self-assurance, satisfaction, and success--from her tough-minded "mum" to her famous mentors, her peers, and clients.

Part memoir, part business manual, and part coaching guide on achieving self-acceptance and love, "It's Not Really About the Hair" teaches you that it's all right to be who you are, stand up for what you believe in, and do what makes you happy without being defined by others.

Tabatha Coffey's raw, funny, shocking, and always inspirational story will encourage you to celebrate the long-lasting and most important beauty of all--the true beauty that is you.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 212 pages
Publication Date: January 1st 2011 by It Books
 
Back in October one of the Goodreads groups I'm in You'll love this one...!! A book club & more had a week long non-fiction read-a-thon and this was one of my reads for the challenge. I've long been a fan of Tabatha Coffey and I actually watch her show every week. I love her attitude and her work ethic. Plus when she goes off on the stupidity of some people well she's a girl after my own heart.
 
When I found out that Tabatha had a book I was kind of surprised and a little nervous. I really wanted to read it but I was a little nervous as to how it would turn out because Celebrity biographies, autobiographies and memoirs can be very hit or miss. So, when I finally did start this book I went into it with low expectations and ended up completely surprised.
 
In It's Not Really About the Hair: An Outspoken Stylist's Smart Guide to Life Tabatha gives us a glimpse into her early life in Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia with her mother and father. Her parents owned a strip club when she was very young and she writes how she often spent much of her time there helping out the transsexual strippers that they employed.
 
Tabatha's upbringing and life experiences have clearly shaped her into the strong, intelligent, independent woman that she is but even this self reliant woman admits that she could not have turned out the way she is without the love and acceptance of her mother which I can totally relate to because my mother (and father) are the most important people in my life.
 
Though Tabatha did have some hard knocks in life she was ultimately able to rise above everything and pull her life together to the extent that she was able to open her own salon and employ other stylists to work for her.
 
The book was a quick read, and to my surprise it wasn't dry as some autobiographies are. Instead while I read the book I felt as though Tabatha were reading it to me. I was impressed with it and the personal details that she shared since she is clearly a rather private person I thought it was a real treat to learn about her and her struggle to get where she is now. I think she's an awesome stylist and a passionate person about everything she does which I truly admired about her.
 
Overall I really enjoyed the book. It was a quick and easy read but still enjoyable. I would recommend this book to everyone who loves her shows Tabatha's Salon Takeover and Tabatha Takes Over. It's a quick read that will keep you entertained and may even surprise you too.
 
Really Liked it!
★ ★ ★ ★
 
To "Like" Tabatha on Facebook CLICK HERE
To "Follow" Tabatha on Twitter CLICK HERE 
To Subscribe to Tabatha's Channel on Youtube CLICK HERE
To visit Tabatha's Website CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Chapters Indigo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Kobo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Amazon  CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via The Book Depository CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Indie Bound CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Barnes & Noble CLICK HERE
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. To be honest I do not know who she is..*eyes rock I've been living under* I agree these books can be hit or miss, but so glad you enjoyed this and felt like the author was reading to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three emails with the same comment. Is there any way yyou can remopve people from that service?

    Thanks a lot!

    Loan Home
    AutoNesia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  4. Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    Very nice post, i certainly love this website, keep on it

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!