Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #39



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!

Here are my picks for the week:
 
 
 
The Winter Witch
 
Summary:
 
Fledgling witch Morgana must defend her love, her home, and her life in this enthralling tale perfect for fans of Discovery of Witches

In her small Welsh town, there is no one quite like Morgana. She has never spoken, and her silence as well as the magic she can't quite control make her a mystery. Concerned for her safety, her mother quickly arranges a marriage with Cai Bevan, the widower from the far hills who knows nothing of the rumours that swirl around her. After their wedding, Morgana is heartbroken at leaving, but she soon falls in love with Cai’s farm and the rugged mountains that surround it, while slowly Cai himself begins to win her heart. It’s not long, however, before her strangeness begins to be remarked upon in her new village. A dark force is at work there—a person who will stop at nothing to turn the townspeople against Morgana, even at the expense of those closest to her. Forced to defend her home, her love, and herself from all comers, Morgana must learn to harness her power, or she will lose everything.

Paula Brackston's debut novel, The Witch's Daughter, was the little book that could—with a captivating story, remarkable heroine, and eye-catching package, it has now netted over 40,000 copies in all formats. Now Paula returns with The Winter Witch, another enchanting tale of love and magic, featuring her signature blend of gorgeous writing, a fabulous and intriguing historical backdrop, and a headstrong and relatable heroine readers will cheer for.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 352 pages
Expected Publication Date: January 29th 2013 by St. Martin's Press
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I love novels like these especially when they're set in Wales where in my opinion not enough novels are set. The book has all the elements I love to find in novels like this so I can't wait to read this one!
 
Two Graves
 
Summary:
 
For twelve years, he believed she died in an accident. Then, he was told she'd been murdered. Now, FBI Special Agent Aloysius Pendergast discovers that his beloved wife Helen is alive. But their reunion is cut short when Helen is brazenly abducted before his eyes. And Pendergast is forced to embark on a furious cross-country chase to rescue her.
But all this turns out to be mere prologue to a far larger plot: one that unleashes a chillingly-almost supernaturally-adept serial killer on New York City. And Helen has one more surprise in store for Pendergast: a piece of their shared past that makes him the one man most suited to hunting down the killer.
His pursuit of the murderer will take Pendergast deep into the trackless forests of South America, to a hidden place where the evil that has blighted both his and Helen's lives lies in wait . . . a place where he will learn all too well the truth of the ancient proverb:
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 480 pages
Expected Publication Date: December 11th 2012 by Grand Central Publishing     
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
This is the 12th book in the Special Agent Pendergast series and the third book in the Helen series that thes authors have written. I'm currently reading Brimstone which is the 5th book in the Special Agent Pendergast series  and I find it highly addictive so I'm really excited that a new book has come out just in time for the new year so I can work on reading the rest of the series in 2013.
 
 
Now, what are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?

 

12 comments:

  1. I love witches and The Winter Witch is new to me! Two Graves sounds crazy. Can that guy not catch a break?!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of The Witch's Daughter or The Winter Witch, but it sounds so good, I need to add it to my pile today! Great picks!

    My Wow


    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, very nice pick with Two Graves! I'm a few books behind in my Agent Pendergast reading, but a new book is always cause for celebration.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Winter Witch sounds perfect as I have yet to read a discovery of witches , I think this one could be right up my alley. We don't have to wait too long . yay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy! your picks.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the cover of The Winter Witch! I love witch stories, so I definitely need to get my hand on this. I hope you enjoy both of your choices!

    Tara @ Hobbitsies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim these are both awesome picks, i am adding to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wooowww, I hadn't heard of either, but I really want to read The Winter Witch, it sounds so awesome!! I hope you get it soon and that you love it!

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both books sound pretty interesting and I'd love to read some reviews of them when they come out... I might even pick Two Graves up... Great picks and thanks for sharing!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!