Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, December 10, 2012

A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers #5) by Lisa Kleypas


A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #5)
 
Summary:
 
The Wallflowers are four young ladies in London who banded together in their wild and wickedly wonderful searches for true love. Now happily married, they join together once again to help one of the world’s most notorious rogues realize that happiness might be right under the mistletoe.…

It’s Christmastime in London and Rafe Bowman has arrived from America for his arranged meeting with Natalie Blandford, the very proper and beautiful daughter of Lady and Lord Blandford. His chiseled good looks and imposing physique are sure to impress the lady in waiting and, if it weren’t for his shocking American ways and wild reputation, her hand would already be guaranteed. Before the courtship can begin, Rafe realizes he must learn the rules of London society. But when four former Wallflowers try their hand at matchmaking, no one knows what will happen. And winning a bride turns out to be more complicated than Rafe Bowman anticipated, especially for a man accustomed to getting anything he wants. However, Christmas works in the most unexpected ways, changing a cynic to a romantic and inspiring passion in the most timid of hearts.

A Wallflower Christmas takes a trip to Victorian London, under the mistletoe, and on a journey of the heart. With her trademark charm, sensuality, and unforgettable characters, there’s no one like Lisa Kleypas to make you believe in the magic of Christmas.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 213 pages (Hardcover)
Source: Purchased
Publication Date: October 14th 2008 by St. Martin's Press
 
I couple days ago one of my book groups on Goodreads You'll love this one...!! A book club & more there was a 24 hour read-a-thon and while I only participated for about 17 of the 24 hours I had a lot of fun and this was one of my reads.
 
Last November I read & reviewed one of Lisa Kleypa's books called Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor. It was one of her contemporary romances and I just could not get into it so when I pulled this one off my shelf to read it on Saturday I was a little nervous. However,  her historical romance novel A Wallflower Christmas was nothing like the contemporary read by her I read last year.
 
While I did not read the previous 4 novels in this historical romance series I was able to follow the story line because while the couples from the previous books are in this book the main focus is on Rafe Bowman who is brother to Daisy and Lillian who are two of the Wallflowers from earlier books as well as young Miss Hannah Appleton who is Rafe Bowman's intendeds companion.
 
Whilst trying to ensure that her brother is on his best behaviour when he meets his intended Lillian his sister invites Hannah to meet Rafe so both parties can learn about each other in a round about way. However instead of being interested in gleaming information about Natalie from Hannah her cousin Rafe finds himself inexplicably drawn to Hannah. While Hannah is attempting to put her attraction to the rakish Rafe on the back burner they end up in a heated embrace not long after they meet.
 
This sets off a whole chain of events and while Rafe and Natalie's parents are still trying to get them together over the holidays when all the Wallflowers come together with the Blandfords, Rafe, and Hannah in tow. But, against all odds fate, the spirit of Christmas time and the strong willed Wallflowers bring Hannah and Rafe together.
 
I thought that this was a wonderfully written Christmas historical romance novel. I was very surprised by how much I loved the writing in this book because of my experience with one of the author's other books but I couldn't be happier. The characters were great. I really loved Hannah. She was a lovely girl who wasn't interested in Rafe for his money but only for his love. She was witty, smart and unbelievable charming but still had her share of backbone.
 
Rafe was the typical rake but I loved him nonetheless because of how sweet, kind, and passionate when it came to Hannah, his two sisters and his young niece. While he could be pushy I didn't mind the way he came off in the beginning as being stuck up because I thought he redeemed himself when it came to getting the woman he's been waiting for.
 
I also really enjoyed all the different characters of the Wallflowers. After reading this book I'm very excited to read the preceding novels in the new year. This was a great Christmas read because it was cute, funny and sweet too.
 
I would highly recommend reading this book despite it being the 5th book in the series it's great read as a standalone. Lisa Kleypas seems to have redeemed herself in my eyes and if her other historical romances are as good as this I'm set. If you're looking for a quick, funny holiday read that's also a historical romance. Check this one out!
 
Really Liked it!
★ ★ ★ ★
 
To "Like" Lisa on Facebook CLICK HERE
To "Follow" Lisa on Twitter CLICK HERE
To become a "Fan" of Lisa on Goodreads CLICK HERE
To visit Lisa's Website CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Chapters Indigo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Kobo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via The Book Depository CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Barnes & Noble CLICK HERE
 





 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I love LK's historicals and her Sugar Daddy series, but I did not like the Christmas Habor book. It was slow and boring.
    I wasn't a huge fan of Annabelle's book (#1) but I LOVE the rest of the series. Especially Devil in Winter.

    Other great books by LK:
    -Then Came You (#1) & Dreaming of You (#2)
    -Somewhere I'll Find You(#1) & Because You're Mine (#2)
    -Suddenly You (very steamy!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recs!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who found Christmas Harbor book slow and boring!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh yay I'm so glad you liked it Kimberly and that it works as a stand alone! I've got this one waiting for me (It's my first of her books) and can't wait to start it now :)

    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! So glad you're going to try it Anna :) I can't wait to see what you think of it, I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. Excellent review! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and yes, The Friday Harbor series is not Ms. Kleypa's best work, If you are a fan of contemporary romance I highly recommend the Travis series as an excellent example of her extraordinary wring abilities. Also the Hathaway is a beautifully written historical romance series. I enjoyed those in both formats, print (kindle) and audio.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!