Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #43




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!


Here are my picks for the week:




Ashes on the Waves
 
Summary:
 
Liam MacGregor is cursed. Haunted by the wails of fantastical Bean Sidhes and labeled a demon by the villagers of Dòchas, Liam has accepted that things will never get better for him—until a wealthy heiress named Annabel Leighton arrives on the island and Liam’s fate is changed forever.

With Anna, Liam finally finds the happiness he has always been denied; but, the violent, mythical Otherworlders, who inhabit the island and the sea around it, have other plans. They make a wager on the couple’s love, testing its strength through a series of cruel obstacles. But the tragedies draw Liam and Anna even closer. Frustrated, the creatures put the couple through one last trial—and this time it’s not only their love that’s in danger of being destroyed.

Based on Edgar Allan Poe’s chilling poem Annabel Lee, Mary Lindsey creates a frighteningly beautiful gothic novel that glorifies the power of true love.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 387 pages
Expected Publication Date: July 2nd 2013 by Philomel/Penguin
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
The cover is amazing the the premise of the novel sounds great. Plus it's based on one of my favourite poems by Edgar Allan Poe! I wish I didn't have to wait so long to read this one but I know as soon as I do get it I'll be reading it as quick as I can.
 
Rising Darkness (Game of Shadows, #1)
 
Summary:
 
An all-new, darkly romantic paranormal saga, in which the fate of existence itself lay in the balance—and the key to victory may rest in the hands of two eternal lovers…

In the hospital ER where she works, Mary is used to chaos. But lately, every aspect of her life seems adrift. She’s feeling disconnected from herself. Voices appear in her head. And the vivid, disturbing dreams she’s had all her life are becoming more intense. Then she meets Michael. He’s handsome, enigmatic, and knows more than he can say. In his company, she slowly remembers the truth about herself…

Thousands of years ago, there were eight of them. The one called the Deceiver came to destroy the world, and the seven came to stop him. Reincarnated over and over, they carry on—and Mary finds herself drawn into the battle once again. And the more she learns, the more she realizes that Michael will go to any lengths to destroy the Deceiver.

Then she remembers who killed her during her last life, 900 years ago…Michael.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 304 Pages
Expected Publication Date: April 2nd 2013 by Berkley Sensation
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I've heard really good things about Thea Harrison's other series and while I'm probably going to give them a read before I get to this one this one sounds like it'll be a fantastic read. Plus I really like the cover :)
 
Now, what are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?

 
 

20 comments:

  1. Great picks both! Anything based on Edgar Allen Poe is a must read for me. I used to avidly read anything by him when I was younger.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is eye-catching! I've never heard of this one. Thanks for passing it on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh both of these look incredible. I'm definitely checing them out. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAH! I wasn't a huge fan of Thea Harrison's other series, but this one looks good! So I'm on board! YESSSHHHH!

    My WOW Post
    Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rising Darkness looks interesting - hope both picks are worth the wait.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! Hope you'll enjoy your read!
    Edgar Allan Poe is amazing! :)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. These both sounds sooo good. I had Ashes on the Waves as my WoW pick a few weeks ago. I can't wait for it to be out.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! Thanks for stopping by!! I'm returning the follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashes on the Waves sounds awesome!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of either of those, but they both sound great!! Nice picks!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday-shadows-of-glass.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Ashes on the Waves looks fantastic! I don't recall that specific Poe poem, but I do love his works. I'll have to look out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited for Ashes on the Waves. I loved Lindsey's first book so I have high expectations for this second book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  14. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!

    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  15. After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.

    Visit Site
    Exblog.jp

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

    Hoconrua.net
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  17. An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

    Click Here
    Visit Web
    Foxsheets.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice article. I rely on blogs like these to gather new and meaningful information for satisfying my reading needs. Glad to reach here. Keep writing, cheers to the author. In the mean time
    read more
    read more
    read more
    read more
    read more
    read more
    read more

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!