Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #143

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released.

Gilded Cage (Dark Gifts, #1)

Summary:


Not all are free. Not all are equal. Not all will be saved.

Our world belongs to the Equals — aristocrats with magical gifts — and all commoners must serve them for ten years. But behind the gates of England's grandest estate lies a power that could break the world. 

A girl thirsts for love and knowledge.

Abi is a servant to England's most powerful family, but her spirit is free. So when she falls for one of the noble-born sons, Abi faces a terrible choice. Uncovering the family's secrets might win her liberty, but will her heart pay the price? 

A boy dreams of revolution.

Abi's brother, Luke, is enslaved in a brutal factory town. Far from his family and cruelly oppressed, he makes friends whose ideals could cost him everything. Now Luke has discovered there may be a power even greater than magic: revolution. 

And an aristocrat will remake the world with his dark gifts.

He is a shadow in the glittering world of the Equals, with mysterious powers no one else understands. But will he liberate—or destroy.

Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 368 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: February 14th 2017 by Del Rey Books 

Why I'm Waiting:

This one magically came across my computer screen yesterday and as soon as I read the summary I just knew that this is one I had to snatch up as soon as it get's released. It just sounds so....awesome! Plus I'm loving the cover.

Poison's Kiss (Poison's Kiss, #1)

Summary:


A teenage assassin kills with a single kiss until she is ordered to kill the one boy she loves. This commercial YA fantasy is romantic and addictive like-- a poison kiss-- and will thrill fans of Sarah J. Maas and Victoria Aveyard.

Marinda has kissed dozens of boys. They all die afterward. It s a miserable life, but being a visha kanya a poison maiden is what she was created to do. Marinda serves the Raja by dispatching his enemies with only her lips as a weapon.

Until now, the men she was ordered to kiss have been strangers, enemies of the kingdom. Then she receives orders to kiss Deven, a boy she knows too well to be convinced he needs to die. She begins to question who she s really working for. And that is a thread that, once pulled, will unravel more than she can afford to lose.

This rich, surprising, and accessible debut is based in Indian folklore and delivers a story that will keep readers on the edge of their seats.

Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 304 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date:  January 10th 2017 by Random House Books for Young Readers

Why I'm Waiting:

This one too, was new to me but now that I've read the summary I'm definitely glad that January isn't that far off. I love that it mixes Indian folklore into the story and can't wait to read it.

What are you waiting on?

16 comments:

  1. Poison kiss has a cool cover. The description of the book sounds intriguing. Here's hoping you enjoy the book

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both sound intriguing...2017 has some pretty cool releases lol. I really love Gilded Cage's cover.

    Thanks for stopping by Lovey Dovey Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover as well. Understated but striking. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Yeah, those look like some really awesome book! I want to read them! Great picks! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh nice picks! I have my eye on these two! I've been trying to be "pickier" about what books I continuously add to my TBR pile. Needless to say my "watch list" is a mile long...if not longer! LOL!

    Great picks! Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're preaching to the choir! My TBR list on Goodreads is 14,000 books long lol!

      Delete
  5. Ooo, great choices! I am looking forward to reading Poison's Kiss. The cover is amazing. I'm Indian and I am rather curious to see how the author will use Indian culture in the story. I hope you these books when you get a chance to read them!

    Have a fabulous week, Kimberly. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The use of the Indian culture is what really caught my eye. Thanks for stopping by Alyssa.

      Delete
  6. Those covers are so nice! Both books sound awesome too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of Gilded Cage. That one is new to me, so thanks for putting it on my radar. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen Poison's Kiss, but I have not seen Guilded Cage before. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen Poison's Kiss, but I have not seen Guilded Cage before. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!