Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Friday, November 25, 2016

[Review]* Raising Kane (Rough Rider's #9) by Lorelei James


Raising Kane  (Rough Riders, #9)

Summary:

She surrendered the reins. Now he's raising the stakes.

When a patch of ice sends attorney Ginger Paulson head-over-high-heels down a flight of stairs, she has no one to care for her young son and her invalid father - until lethally sexy Kane McKay shows up at the hospital, determined to prove his cowboy chivalry. Past experience has inoculated her against take-charge men, but even Ginger isn't immune to Kane's invasive charm and Built Ford Tough body.

For two years rancher Kane McKay has followed the Little Buddies mentoring program's cardinal rule - hands off his Little Buddy Hayden's mama. But one look at Ginger's bruised body and Kane is through watching the stubborn woman take care of everyone but herself. The feisty, curvy redhead needs his help, and he'll give her the hands-on type whether she likes it or not.

After Kane throws out doctor's orders and issues his own demands - her full sexual submission - Ginger realizes Kane's caring nature extends beyond just fulfilling her physical needs.

Can the former hell-raiser convince the gun-shy single mom to look beyond his past - toward a shared future?

Warning: Contains one sweet and hot hunk of cowboy manflesh who uses every sexual trick in the book to render a sassy, fast-talking attorney speechless and put a new twist on the term "binding arbitration".


Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 252 pages (Paperback)
Available Formats: Print/E-book/E-Audiobook/Audiobook (CD)
Publication Date: May 3rd 2011 by Samhain Publishing (first published June 29th 2010)

Lorelei James has been on my radar for several years but like many other authors she is one that kind of fell to the wayside when I started blogging so I was happy to borrow it from the library a week ago and was really excited to read it and ya know what I'm glad I did.

I liked my first dip into the Rough Rider's series, it was actually better than I expected and it surprised me. I don't know about you folks but sometimes erotica can be very much an endeavour of style over substance but this one, I'm happy to say proved me wrong.

I really liked the set up of this book. Single mom, adorable kid, curmudgeon of a father and a cowboy with a darkside who LOVES kids. It's not all that often that I can jump this far into a series and not really feel like I'm missing a hell of a lot and I appreciated the author doing this so while this one does have characters that I know have their own books before and after this one, it can totally be read on it's own.

While this one is billed as an erotic romance, there was a surprising amount of character development and I found that I really got a sense for the town and the people in it despite the heavy emphasis on the romance between tough as nails Ginger and Kane. I loved getting to know the other characters and their little quirks and as much as I loved Ginger and Kane, Ginger's son Hayden really made the story come together. He was adorable! I'm glad he played such a big role in the story and how he was written. I also loved how he was able to act as a bridge not just between Ginger and Kane but between Kane, and Ginger's elderly wheelchair bound dad, Dash.

Ginger and Kane made a great couple. She was really likable. I loved how strong and independent she was and how big of a heart she had but I do wish she'd given in to Kane a lot sooner than before her wee accident that lead to them getting together. She was smart and witty and was the perfect match for Kane who could be very dominant. I enjoyed seeing their relationship progress and how they clashed at times.Kane was a really good hero of the story, his sweetness helped balance out the darker side to his personality and I thought he had a great sense of humour plus he was a cowboy. Need I say more? The heat between these too was great and liked that the the author didn't over do the sex scenes and made them spicy but not completely raunchy. The way these two found each other at the end of the book was just right and I really liked how their romance wrapped up.

This is a series and author that I will absolutely be picking up again and can't wait to do so, I'd recommend this one to fans of romance with the heat factor off the charts with a penchant for cowboys and lots of laughs and my only regret is that I didn't give this author a try before now.

Really Liked It!

To "Like" Lorelei on Facebook CLICK HERE
To "Follow" Lorelei on Twitter CLICK HERE
To become a "Fan" of Lorelie on Goodreads CLICK HERE
To visit Lorelei's Website CLICK HERE 
To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Kobo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via The Book Depository CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Barnes & Noble CLICK HERE

if-youre-here-blinkie


6 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read books by this author but haven't had a chance yet. This sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always gotta love when there is character development mixed in. This sounds really good and im glad it was a good read for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. The character development really surprised me I was expecting more erm...wham bam thank you ma'am lol.

      Delete
  3. Great review baby. This Kane character reminds me of don't you think :) It's good you found a new series you like ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!