Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #19

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!

Here are my picks for the week:

The Sweet Girl

Summary:

Pythias is her father's daughter, with eyes his exact shade of unlovely, intelligent grey. A slave to his own curiosity and intellect, Aristotle has never been able to resist wit in another--even in a girl child who should be content with the kitchen, the loom and a life dictated by the womb. And oh his little Pytho is smart, able to best his own students in debate and match wits with a roomful of Athenian philosophers. Is she a freak or a harbinger of what women can really be? Pythias must suffer that argument, but she is also (mostly) secure in her father's regard.

But then Alexander dies a thousand miles from Athens, and sentiment turns against anyone associated with him, most especially his famous Macedonian-born teacher. Aristotle and his family are forced to flee to Chalcis, a garrison town. Ailing, mourning and broken in spirit, Aristotle soon dies. And his orphaned daughter, only 16, finds out that the world is a place of superstition, not logic, and that a girl can be played upon by gods and goddesses, as much as by grown men and women. To safely journey to a place in which she can be everything she truly is, Aristotle's daughter will need every ounce of wit she possesses, but also grace and the capacity to love.
Summary taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 304 pages
Expected Publication Date: September 18th 2012 by Random House of Canada         

Why I'm Waiting:

I think the cover is beautifully done and I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy of it. Plus it's historical fiction so it's a must read for me.

Soul Weaver

Summary:

Since the accident that nearly took her life, Chloe suffers from acute agoraphobia. Living alone above her family's bookstore, she spends restless nights terrified by strange visions . . . until a mysterious stranger appears and offers her salvation. Chloe is drawn to the ethereal, gorgeous Nathaniel-but her haunted soul warns her there is more to him than meets the eye.

An archangel who roams Earth collecting souls of the newly departed, Nathanial is the sole witness to the accident that should have taken Chloe's life. Seduced by the purity of her soul, he defies Providence by saving her life. But his attempt at kindness marks Chloe for damnation, and makes her an unwitting pawn in a game of unholy ambition. Now together they must fight the demons of Hell itself-for a love that defies the boundaries of Heaven and Earth.
Summary taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 253 pages
Expected Publication Date: August 7th 2012 by Grand Central Publishing         

Why I'm Waiting:

I was really drawn in by the summary of this book there's just something about it that has really caught my eye.

Now, what are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?



22 comments:

  1. Hm. Doesn't really sound like my type of reads. But I love the cover for Soul Weaver.

    Thanks for stopping by,
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those books sound great, even though they aren't what I normally read. Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives - new follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of these books until now. Hope you enjoy reading them once you got them. Thanks for stopping by and I'm following you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of both of those! I wouldn't have guessed "The Sweet Girl" would have so much depth by its name but it definitely sounds like it would be really good. "Soul Weaver" seems like a sweet romance- a good beach read.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soul Weaver sounds really good, not to mention there's really some nice cover to look at there. ^^
    Thanks for sharing. Happy reading! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soul Weaver has a very hot cover and sounds awesome! I love a sexy protective archangel. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh both books are relatively new to my eyes and Soul Weaver just caught my eyes :)) The Sweet Girl sounds good as well! Awesome picks!

    My WoW picks

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first time I'm seeing these. Soul Weaver sounds like it could be good, and the cover is hot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover of The Sweet Girl. When I first saw it I thought: "Keira Knightley?"

    Thanks for stopping by and for following. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Sweet Girl sounds really interesting - the cover kind of threw me off, but the description is great.

    New follower, by the way (GFC & Linky)

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sweet girl has a gorgeous cover, thanks so much for sharing and stopping by my blog!

    Kristin Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. I _love_ the premise for The Sweet Girl. I'm a big fan of historical fiction and this book seems right up my alley! Thank you SO much for the heads-up :-)

    Thank you, also, for stopping by BlookGirl earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the follow! Followed back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Girl sounds interesting.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soul Weaver sounds like a must read for me!!! Thanks for bringing it to my radar :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of either of these - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh, I love the cover for Soul Weaver ha ha! I haven't heard of either of these, but they sound intriguing! thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great picks! I haven't heard of either of these yet but they sound good. The Sweet Girl also sounds really good.

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The girl on the cover of The Sweet Girl looks a little bit like Keira Knightley dont you think? :D

    Nice picks, thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been meaning to read for historical fiction so The Sweet Girl sounds good to me! Usually historical fantasy is as far as I get, so it's good to break out of my comfort zone now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice picks. Soul Weaver sounds really interesting. Hot cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice picks! Soul Weaver sounds. Great! Thanks for sharing ?

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!