Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #21

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!

Here are my picks for the week:
Degrees of Wrong

Summary:

This time, the straight-and-narrow path could be the road to ruin.


Dr. Elyse Morgan’s mission: find the cure to the HTN4 virus. The compensation, courtesy of the United Nations: a lab stocked with hi-tech goodies, limitless resources and enough chocolate to make her rear look like a cellulite farm. Bonus: she gets to live.

Rescued (kidnapped) and secreted (imprisoned) on an undersea warship, Elyse adjusts to her assumed identity as a cadet with the finesse of a toeless ballerina. Her sulfuric temper and blatant insubordination capture the unwanted attention of the ship’s captain, the gorgeous, infuriating, engaged Nicoli Marek.

Elyse would rather perform her own autopsy than become the other woman, but Nicoli—who’s as full of himself as he is of secrets—regards his impending marriage as a mere political transaction. And Elyse as fair game.

As Elyse’s suspicions about the UN’s true agenda mount along with her attraction to the relentless, chronically shirtless captain, she must choose between the murky path to everything she’s ever wanted, or the squeaky-clean path of self-sacrifice—which could mean taking the secrets of the virus with her to the grave.


Warning: Features a strong, chocolate-loving heroine who takes no prisoners on the way to saving the world from an epidemic and winning a captain’s heart.
Summary and photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 212 pages
Expected Publication Date: August 28th 2012 by Samhain Publishing

Why I'm Waiting:

This one seems a bit different from the other Samhain titles I've read before and I really like that about this novel also, the cover looks great too.

Hidden Paradise

Summary:

CALL IT SENSE AND Sensuality... Louisa Connelly, a recently widowed Jane Austen scholar, needs some relief from her stifling world. When a friend calls to offer her a temporary escape from her Montana ranch, she is whisked into a dizzying world of sumptuous food, flowing wine...and endless temptation. She's an honored guest at Paradise Hall, an English resort boasting the full experience of an authentic Georgian country-house weekend. Liveried servants tend to the every need of houseguests clad in meticulous period costume: snug breeches, low-cut silken gowns and negligible undergarments. It's Mac Salazar, a journalist immersing himself fully, deeply, lustily in the naughty pleasures of upstairs-downstairs dalliances, who piques Louisa's curiosity-and libido-most. He's a dilettante straight out of a novel: uninhibited, unapologetic and nearly insatiable. But Lou's not romantic about this much, at least: Paradise Hall is a gorgeous fantasy, nothing more. A lover like Mac is pure fiction. And the real world beckons....
Summary and Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 384 pages
Expected Publication Date: August 21st 2012 by HQN Books

Why I'm Waiting:

Number one: it's a Harlequin title.
Number two: it sounds like a good read and I've seen some pretty good reviews of it.

Don't forget to enter my International Giveaway!





CLICK THE PICTURE!

Now, what are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?




11 comments:

  1. Degrees of Wrong sounds good! I love books with scientists having to find cures.
    And ohh I want to go to Paradise Hall lol
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hidden Paradise sounds great. I'd love to read it when it comes out! Nice picks.
    Check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover for 'Degrees of Wrong' looks beautiful and I love people who love chocolate! And seconding Jennifer here, where can I book my place at Paradise Hall? Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these books are great choices! I love the cover for Hidden Paradise...it just screams sexy!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll be adding Degrees of Wrong to my reading list, it looks pretty interesting! And a sexy, shirtless captain? Sign me up!!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I loved the first one and it's cover and then I continued to scroll and you had to great books to showcase :D Loved them both

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eep these both look good! Love the cover of both. Thanks for stopping by My WoW and for sharing these awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh ..... they both sound really good! And I love the cover for the Anna Scarlett book! Very pretty.

    This is my first time to your blog ... I love your header design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these sound fascinating! I'm loving the Degrees of Wrong cover...the other one makes me giggle. ;)

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-26-etiquette-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'd most like to read HIDDEN PARADISE. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!