Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #89

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released.
 
Salvage
 
Summary:
 
Ava, a teenage girl living aboard the male-dominated deep space merchant ship Parastrata, faces betrayal, banishment, and death. Taking her fate into her own hands, she flees to the Gyre, a floating continent of garbage and scrap in the Pacific Ocean, in this thrilling, surprising, and thought-provoking debut novel that will appeal to fans of Across the Universe, by Beth Revis, and The Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Atwood.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 400 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: April 1st 2014 by Greenwillow  
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I loved Across the Universe series by Beth Revis (though I still haven't read the final book) so when I saw the blurb (and the gorgeous cover) for Salvaged I immediately put it on my list.
 
The Glass Casket
 
Summary:
 
Death hasn’t visited Rowan Rose since it took her mother when Rowan was only a little girl. But that changes one bleak morning, when five horses and their riders thunder into her village and through the forest, disappearing into the hills. Days later, the riders’ bodies are found, and though no one can say for certain what happened in their final hours, their remains prove that whatever it was must have been brutal.

Rowan’s village was once a tranquil place, but now things have changed. Something has followed the path those riders made and has come down from the hills, through the forest, and into the village. Beast or man, it has brought death to Rowan’s door once again.

Only this time, its appetite is insatiable.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 352 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: February 11th 2014 by Delacorte Press
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
When I saw this one I totally fell in love with the cover and the summary. I like how dark the cover is and think the summary is really intriguing. I'd die to get my hands on an ARC of this one.
 
 
What are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?
 
Don't Forget to enter my 2nd Blogoversary International Giveaway by clicking the button below:


Calling ALL Bloggers & Authors the 2013 Christmas Card Exchange is open! Click the button below for details!
 
 

13 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for Salvage, although I couldn't even get halfway through Across the Universe, so i hope it''s not too much like that. And The Class Casket seems really interesting!

    Awesome choice! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picks! Both books sound really good. thanks for sharing.

    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salvage sounds really interesting and I'd love to give it a try when it comes out. Great picks and I hope you enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are pick twins this week. The Glass Casket is my pick this week too, it sounds so amazing. Salvage sounds awesome too.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! I've not heard of The Glass Casket before. It sounds great! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty covers alert! Salvage sounds so good, and I featured The Glass Casket a few weeks back. Great picks! :)

    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SUUUUPER excited to read Salvage, too. I wasn't really a fan with the last book in the Across the Universe trilogy, but I loved the first book, so I have high hopes for Salvage. :D

    ~ Nikki @ There were books involved...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salvage sounds really interesting, and The Glass Casket looks pretty dark (and great) too! Nice choices!

    Lisa
    My Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these sound really good. Thanks for sharing.

    my WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-wednesday-now-forever/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Glass Casket looks and sounds amazing. I'm also really interested in Salvage. Love what seems to be a growing trend of YA space opera.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doesn't THE GLASS CASKET just sound awesome? I think that was on my last Waiting on Wednesday.

    My Wow:
    http://thereadinghedgehog.blogspot.com/2013/11/waiting-on-wednesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Glass Casket sounds good and creepy. When a group of men on horseback are all killed by something, that is never good.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!