Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday 56 #9


This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56

 Rules:

 
 *Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it.
 
Lily of the Nile (Cleopatra's Daughter, #1)
 
Summary:
 
With her parents dead, the daughter of Cleopatra and Mark Antony is left at the mercy of her Roman captors. Heir to one empire and prisoner of another, Princess Selene must save her brothers and reclaim what is rightfully hers...In the aftermath of Alexandria's tragic fall, Princess Selene is taken from Egypt, the only home she's ever known. Along with her two surviving brothers, she's put on display as a war trophy in Rome. Selene's captors mock her royalty and drag her through the streets in chains, but on the brink of death, the children are spared as a favor to the emperor's sister, who takes them to live as hostages in the so-called lamentable embassy of royal orphans...Trapped in a Roman court of intrigue that reviles her heritage and suspects her faith, Selene can't hide the hieroglyphics that carve themselves into her flesh. Nor can she stop the emperor from using her for his own political ends. Faced with a new and ruthless Caesar who is obsessed with having a Cleopatra of his very own, Selene is determined to honor her mother's lost legacy. The magic of Egypt and Isis remain within her. Can she succeed where her mother failed? And what will it cost her in a political game where the only rule is win or die?
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 351 pages (Paperback)
Publication Date: January 4th 2011 by Berkley Trade
 
 A gentle breeze rustled the strange Roman trees, whose leaves were like tiny needles. The wool was itchy against my skin and it was maddening not to scratch at my arms, but it was also beneath my royal dignity, so I stole a glance at my bruised wrists to confirm that the hieroglyphics were gone.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. She sounds stubborn, good for her. The blurb is interesting. I didn't realize Cleopatra had children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover :)
    thanks to you I'm joining the meme.
    Ruty@Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like my kind of book too!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!