Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #23



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!

Here are my picks for the week:

Taken (Taken #1)

Summary:

There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends...and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 352 pages
Expected Publication Date: April 16th 2013 by HarperTeen

Why I'm Waiting:

I saw this one on someones blog a few weeks ago and I've been meaning to feature it on my WoW list but I kept forgetting. I really like the way it sounds and I like the fact that the main character is a guy.  Plus the cover is awesome.

Dualed (Dualed, #1)

Summary:

Would you live through the ultimate test of survival?

The city of Kersh is a safe haven, but the price of safety is high. Everyone has a genetic Alternate—a twin raised by another family—and citizens must prove their worth by eliminating their Alts before their twentieth birthday. Survival means advanced schooling, a good job, marriage—life.

Fifteen-year-old West Grayer has trained as a fighter, preparing for the day when her assignment arrives and she will have one month to hunt down and kill her Alt. But then a tragic misstep shakes West’s confidence. Stricken with grief and guilt, she’s no longer certain that she’s the best version of herself, the version worthy of a future. If she is to have any chance of winning, she must stop running not only from her Alt, but also from love . . . though both have the power to destroy her.

Elsie Chapman’s suspenseful YA debut weaves unexpected romance into a novel full of fast-paced action and thought-provoking philosophy. When the story ends, discussions will begin about this future society where every adult is a murderer and every child knows there is another out there who just might be better.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 304 pages
Expected Publication Date: February 26th 2013 by Random House  

Why I'm Waiting:

The summary makes this book sound really awesome. I love books like this and I hate the fact that I have to wait so long to read it!

Now, what are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?


28 comments:

  1. These are both awesome picks and on my radar as well!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I'm so excited for both of these books! I already have them on my list. They sound so good, especially Taken. Love the covers for both also!

    My WOW
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I was actually going to choose Taken. It looks so awesome! Dualed looks great as well! My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of either of these, but they sound awesome. I'm adding them to my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I am keen to read both as well.

    My WoW - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-8th-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks!I want to read them both.
    thanks for sharing.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these sound really awesome. I think DUALED is actually available on NetGalley (or at least it used to be). :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  8. These both sound AWESOME! I love the cover of Taken. I pushed it to the top of my wishlist last week, I'm so excited!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these have been on my radar for some time. I can't wait to read them. Great choice.

    my WOW and international giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely looking forward to reading both books. I already have Dualed, but I'm waiting closer to release date to read it. Great picks! :)

    Check out our WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of those books are definitely on my list. Great picks this week. Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of the two, I just added Dualed to my list. What a terrific concept! Thanks for your picks.

    Old follower.

    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these sound awesome... and I discovered they are both already on my TBR on GR! Nice picks!

    ~Mandi Kaye | My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great choices, I'm really looking forward to the Erin Bow book too!

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous books! Exciting, magical, eerie...enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both sound amazing!

    Here's mine: http://uncorkedthoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of these are amazing picks. Thanks for sharing them...

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2995

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm looking forward to both of these too! Great picks this week!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books <--My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dualed sounds do amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both these books sounds like good dystopians.

    My WOW: http://breathofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-20-i-swear.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enjoy! your picks.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm looking forward to Taken as well. Very excited for this one! And I've seen Dualed around before, I think this sounds very interesting as well. Not so sure if I will really pick it up, though.
    Thanks for sharing, and happy reading!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome choices! I saw Dualed on Goodreads the other day and it sounds so awesome! I think the cover is pretty unique too. I can't wait for 2013. :) There are so many awesome books coming out next year.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both books sound absolutely fascinating and are on my to-read list. I can't wait to read them both! Great picks!
    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't wait for TAKEN!!!! It sounds SO good and I love that cover! Great pick! Happy reading.
    Our WoW @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both of these sound so good especially Taken! Great choices this week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, your blog is really cute! I love the charriot! :D
    I picked Taken, too :D Are you following the Friday the Thirteeners for any chance? I just recognized that both your picks are from authors there :D

    Greetings

    And here is my Wow: http://kimberleyjones17.blogspot.de/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday.html :D

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!