Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #24

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!

Here are my picks for the week:



Prophecy (Prophecy, # 1)

Summary:

The greatest warrior in all of the Seven Kingdoms... is a girl with yellow eyes.

Kira’s the only female in the king’s army, and the prince’s bodyguard. She’s a demon slayer and an outcast, hated by nearly everyone in her home city of Hansong. And, she’s their only hope...

Murdered kings and discovered traitors point to a demon invasion, sending Kira on the run with the young prince. He may be the savior predicted in the Dragon King Prophecy, but the missing treasure of myth may be the true key. With only the guidance of the cryptic prophecy, Kira must battle demon soldiers, evil shaman, and the Demon Lord himself to find what was once lost and raise a prince into a king.

Intrigue and mystery, ancient lore and action-packed fantasy come together in this heart-stopping first book in a trilogy.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 320 pages
Expected Publication Date: January 2nd 2013 by HarperTeen         

Why I'm Waiting:

Murdered Kings, Demons and a strong female character are what attracted me to this book. I really don't know how I'll deal with waiting so long for it to be published.

Splintered

Summary:

This stunning debut captures the grotesque madness of a mystical under-land, as well as a girl’s pangs of first love and independence. Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now.

When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 400 pages
Expected Publication Date: January 2013 by Amulet Books

Why I'm Waiting:

The summary fits perfectly with the cover (which I love) and I'm always up for anything Alice inspired so this is one book that I'm going to try my damdest to get as soon as it comes out.


Now, what are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?

17 comments:

  1. I am REALLY excited for both of these. The covers are both really pretty too. Great picks!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the covers and synopsis for both of these. Excellent choices. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh Prophecy is new to me! But I love a one of a kind bad ass only female in the army! Splintered sounds cool and such a pretty cover. I love retellings.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these books look & sound amazing! great picks :)

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-15th-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks this week! I can't wait to read both of these books! They sound so fantastic and those covers are gorgeous and very eye catching! Can't wait! :D Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have both books on my to-read list and I'm really looking forward to reading them. I can't wait for them to come out. Great picks!
    Come check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both look intensely good...but Splintered really grabbed me. Love the Alice spin-offs.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks. Splintered on my wish list for sure.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3024

    ReplyDelete
  9. These one looks really good, I will have to keep an eye out for them. Great choice!

    My wow

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover of Splintered is lovely! Sounds so good.

    Here's mine:http://uncorkedthoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/www-wednesdays-4-waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover of Splintered and I'm really curious about the spin on Alice in Wonderland. My blog partner had this our WoW a few months ago and I'm definitely looking forward to reading it. Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cover on splintered.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome picks! I'm really excited for Splintered. It sounds amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard of both! But I'm especially excited for Splintered too!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goooood!! Yes, yes, yes! I'm so incredibly excited about both of those! They're already both on my wishlist and I can't wait to read them. Super awesome choices. :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your beautiful blog, Kim!!! Deborah/TheBookishDame/PumpUpYourBook

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!