Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Friday, January 6, 2012

Arctic Winds (Alpine Woods Shifters, #1) by Sondrae Bennett


Summary:
Nothing will stop a wolf once he’s found his mate…not even her own doubts.

After her skulk abandoned her four years ago, Samantha knew she would never truly be wanted. When she accidentally stumbles into a wolf town and is asked by their premier to stay, she believes it’s the novelty of an arctic fox motivating him. She knows she’ll be on her own again once he tires of her.

Jason finds himself pulled to Samantha from the moment she faints in his arms. His wolf is calling to him, telling him he’s found their mate and the heat he feels for Samantha is impossible to resist. But his little fox is loaded down with emotional baggage and doesn’t believe she’s worthy of love. Can he overcome her fears? Or will pack jealousies and the local faxes convince her she doesn’t belong with him before he has a chance?

Summary taken from Goodreads.com

Now I'm all for the indie authors, and the authors who publish their books through little publishing companies. I support them. I love them. I encourage them to chase their dreams. But what ever possessed this author to write a book like this? Talk about mindless drivel!

The story has the damsel in distress (Samantha) and the alpha male (literally in this case, Jason). Who get into a relationship I believe 1 day after she arrives in town and he starts getting an attitude of  "oh she's my mate I can't let her think for herself!" . I HATE THAT! Well, sometimes I don't but as a person who has experienced  being in a controlling relationship I guess that aspects in romance novels is kind of touchy for me.

To me Samantha was a blonde airhead who was perfectly happy to do all Jason allowed her to do and let herself be treated as someone incapable of taking care of herself. I hate the fact that they hoped in bed and did the horizontal tango something like 3 days after meeting and then moving in with each other about 4 days after. It was so pathetic!

The whole story was rushed and felt like there wasn't much though put into the story. I didn't care for this writers writing and I doubt whether I would ever read her writing again, because in my honest opinion this read as though a middle schooler wrote it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!