Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, January 9, 2012

The Bride and The Beast (Fairy Tales, #2) by Teresa Medeiros



Summary:
Dear Reader,
I'd been prowling the crumbling ruins of Castle Weyrcraig for so long that I could no longer remember if I was man or beast. Then one stormy night the superstitious Highlanders of Ballybliss decided to leave a helpless virgin bound to a stake in the castle courtyard to satisfy my insatiable appetites. My demands might strike terror in the hearts of men, but this bold beauty dared to defy me. After she informed me that she didn't believe in dragons, I had no choice but to make her my prisoner—or risk being exposed to those I had sought to deceive with my dangerous masquerade. Soon I found myself stealing into the moonlit tower just to watch her sleep. Little does she know that beneath this beast's gruff exterior beats the passionate heart of a man. Gwendolyn Wilder may not believe in dragons, but I intend to use all my sensual wiles to teach her to believe in something even more magical—true love.
Eternally yours,
Teresa Medeiros
Summary taken from Goodreads.com


So in The Bride and The Beast I went to the Scottish Highlands for my Around the World Challenge. This was my first time reading a book by this author and since I love me a story with a scottish highlander it was a no brainer that I should give this one ago. Especially when (THANK GOODNESS) the author didn't create a size 2 heroine that bared a resemblence to a Barbie Doll which is something that is seen all to often in romance novels.


I know the cover can be decieving because it looks just like any historical romance novel published in the 1990s but I like it. I mean I grew up reading romance novels that had the general 90's cover look. I actually enjoyed my time in Scotland though I didn't enjoy the story as much as I thought I would.

I did like the book but I thought that it wasn't as well thought it would be but then again it was a light bit of fluffy romance. What I thought was weird was that the author tried to make this into a retelling of the classic Beauty and the Beast story but it didn't seem like she put a lot of effort into writing that part as well as she could have and I wish she did a better job on that.


Overall I did enjoy the story but I thought that the male lead was an ass and a bit of an idiot but I was pleased to find that not only was Gwendolyn plus sized but she was smart too and had an ample dose of wit. I wish more authors would write heroines that are like this. However,  the writing was to blase to really emerse me in the writing and giving it the rating that I am because I have read better. Though I am glad that I gave this one a chance and will be reading other books by this author in the

Though I do recommend it because it's such a light read which is sometimes needed for all of us because we all just need to let our minds float away and read something easy and honestly it's a cute love story.

★ ★ ★ 1/2



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!