Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, January 30, 2012

The Shadowkiller by Matthew Scott Hansen

Photobucket



Summary:
Every hair on Ty's body, the skin on his neck and arms, everything was clenched in a primeval fear stimulus response. In the thick of the woods not ten yards away stood a creature, manlike, apelike . . . some sort of hairy humanoid, like a gorilla standing upright on long legs. Motionless, it stared at Ty, and Ty froze dead in his tracks.
Jesus Christ, this is Bigfoot.


BIGFOOT IS ANGRY.
When careless campers unleash a raging forest fire, they inadvertently set in motion a blood-drenched spree of revenge. Motivated by the immolation of his family, a nearly eleven-foot-tall, preternaturally strong superprimate begins stalking the mountains northeast of Seattle, hunting the "small two-legs" he blames and leaving an eerie trail of missing people . . . but little else.
As people begin vanishing from nearby forests, former software magnate Ty Greenwood risks everything to find out why. Tormented by his encounter with a Bigfoot three years earlier, Ty's past now collides with what he suspects is happening. But this time he doesn't realize that the stakes are far higher.
In his search for two missing lawyers, Snohomish County Sheriff's Detective Mac Schneider discovers a spectacularly large footprint. Is it another hoax or is there really something to fear in the woods? Despite mounting evidence, Mac fears ridicule and is reluctant to reveal that the myth might in fact be a terrifying reality. Complicating everything for him is Kris Walker, a gorgeous but ruthless television reporter bent on getting the story at any cost.
Joining the quest is an old Native American actor with a troubling secret: Ben Campbell has a mystical connection to the beast. And while Ben's link with this fearsome and intelligent being haunts his dreams and could spell his doom, it may also prove to be the only key to stopping this ferocious, inhuman killing machine. Can they end his deadly rampage before he destroys everything they hold dear?
Just when you thought it was safe to go into the woods . . . The Shadowkiller will give even the most hard-core skeptic a reason to think twice before going camping.
Summary taken from GoodReads.com
Length: 448 pages (hardcover)
Source: Toronto Public Library
Publication Date: January 2nd 2007

So here's my idea of a near perfect monster book! I mean just look at the cover it is kinda creepy isn't it? I personally give a big thumbs up to the cover designer for this book because they nailed it dead on in my opinion.

This book had a fast pace straight out of the gate that kept going right on through until the end. Yes there were times when it did slow down for a page or two but the slow parts never lasted long and the author was able to keep the book going in a linnear manner so depite the numerous "OH MY GOD THIS GUY IS GOING TO DIE" moments I never once got lost. My only pet peeve was that to me the author repeated certain things in the book to much like certain phrases but that is my only issue with this book.

I thought the characters were neat and I didn't really dislike anyone except one  of the Detectives...I think his name was Karl Carillo. He just seemed like a real A-hole who bragged about screwing around on his wife with strippers. I HATE men like that! I also hated the woman reporter Kris Walker what a b****! Karma really caught up to her and as violent as it was I couldn't help but feel a little happy that she was gone. Other than that I liked all the characters my favourite was Ben Campbell the old Native American actor who had a mental link with Bigfoot or as his people refer to his kind, the Oh-Mah. He was such a sweet old guy.

Now I may not be a Bigfoot fanatic but I do appreciate a good Bigfoot tale and that what I got in the ages of this novel. The creature was gruesome, terrifying and all the things nightmares are made of. The author did a great job of bringing this legendary creature to life and it did give me goosebumps because I was reading this book in the middle of the night. I highly recommend checking this book out if you're in for a scary monster read or if you're just a fan of Bigfoot!

★ ★ ★ ★1/2

4 comments:

  1. would this book have made a good movie if turned into a film you think? maybe i should give it a try. great review,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to read it! It would make a great movie, perfect for you to cuddle me during :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

    Click Here
    Producthunt.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

    Cdprojekt.com
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!