Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, January 9, 2012

Timeless by Alexandra Monir


Summary:
When tragedy strikes Michele Windsor’s world, she is forced to uproot her life and move across the country to New York City, to live with the wealthy, aristocratic grandparents she’s never met. In their old Fifth Avenue mansion filled with a century’s worth of family secrets, Michele discovers a diary that hurtles her back in time to the year 1910. There, in the midst of the glamorous Gilded Age, Michele meets the young man with striking blue eyes who has haunted her dreams all her life – a man she always wished was real, but never imagined could actually exist. And she finds herself falling for him, into an otherworldly, time-crossed romance.

Michele is soon leading a double life, struggling to balance her contemporary high school world with her escapes into the past. But when she stumbles upon a terrible discovery, she is propelled on a race through history to save the boy she loves – a quest that will determine the fate of both of their lives.
Summary taken from Goodreads.com

So when I read this the other day it was the second time that I borrowed it from the library because the first time I borrowed it I didn't have the time to read it. This time I was able to read it. Actually I devoured it! I read it in 4 hours I liked it so much.

This was singer/songwriter Alexandra's debut book and I personally think she did a good job for her first book because though she herself is young she didn't make the book sound as though it were written by a young person. I feel that she had a very good story to tell and that she accomplished it well.

I really enjoyed Michele's character because even though she went through a personal tragedy, and her life was completely turned upside down and inside out she had an inner strength and beauty. Plus it was nice to have a character who wasn't your beautiful, glamourous diva who is self centered. I also like how she was awkward. Just like a teenager is supposed to be! FINALLY!

I also really liked Phillip because he just seems so sweet and loving, the way Alexandra Monir was able to weaver her tale was wonderful and I really like the time travelling aspect of her story as well as the fact that she was able to time travel to different points in her family's timeline. Plus she left a huge cliffhanger at the ending so I cannot wait for the next book although it looks like I have to wait until December 2012.

I really recommend this book to all the YA lovers out there because I think that this author is up and coming with a new voice in the book world.

★ ★ ★ ★


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!