Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Mice of Bistrot des Sept Freres by Marie LeTourneau


Summary:
Every day, Chef Marcel and his sons recite the recipe for the famous cheese soup of the Bistrot des Sept Freres--the trendiest mouse cafe in all of Paris. But when a culinary judge is due to arrive and Chef Marcel has run out of his secret ingredient, it is Petite Michelle who saves the day. This adorable story and whimsical illustrations of Marie LeTourneau will delight children, while providing une petite lecon on the language and culture of France.
Summary taken from Goodreads.com

Now I don't often read children's picture books but this one caught my eye. What can I say I like mice! I thought that this was a very cute read and I can't get over the illustrations! The illustrator did a fantasic job in doing this book. The artwork is absolutely amazing, I loved the use of colours and I love how it was a little whimsy it reminded me of hw france looked in the Disney movie The Aristocats.

The main reason I don't read kiddie books is because I don't have kids (yet) and even though I'm only 21 my niece is already 15 and my nephew is 14 (my older sister is 15 years older than I am). So I don't really have a reason to read them anymore but in this case I'm very glad that I made the effort to read this one.

I thought the premise was quite good and vaguely similar to the movie Ratatouille (a very good movie). I enjoyed escaping back into the world of my childhood where the books were simple. I thought that the story went perfectly with the artwork and I think that this is a wonderful read for small children to read on their own, or along side their parents. I also appreciate that the author included french in the story.

*I recieved a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my free and honest review.

★ ★ ★

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I really think you should purchase Anna Dressed in Blood. It was truly a great read.

    New follower ^.^

    -Angela

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!