Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Friday, November 11, 2016

[Review]* Extreme Exposure (I-Team #1) by Pamela Clare



Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1)

Summary:

Novels such as Carnal Gift and Sweet Release made Pamela Clare's rising star shine. Now, she turns her "impressive" talents to a novel of modern romance - and breathless intrigue...

It's been years since her child's father dumped her, and since then Kara McMillan has kept men at bay - although every day she aches more for a lover's touch. But to get that, the hard-boiled journalist must become vulnerable - a feeling she vowed never to have again.

With his dangerous good looks, charm, and power, Senator Reece Sheridan could have just about any woman he sets his piercing eyes on. But he's intrigued by only one. This Kara, this gutsy investigative reporter, has a sensuality that arouses him to no end. If she's a firebrand in print, he guesses, she must be just as fiery in bed...

But this is no fling. A sudden political scandal - and attempts on Kara's life - could very well drive them apart. Or maybe, just maybe, adversity could draw them into a bond even more intense than their steamy sexual embraces.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 335 pages (Mass Market Paperback)
Available Formats: Print/E-book
Publication Date: August 2nd 2005 by Berkley


I have no idea why it took me 3 years to pick up another of Pamela Clare's novels since I read the 4th book in this series back in December 2013. Seriously I have no idea why I did that to myself because I loved Naked Edge (I-Team #4) but here we are.
I love how Pamela Clare writes her romantic suspense, and the biggest part of that is because the suspense aspect of the story is so well fleshed out that it plays an equal roll and does not get smothered by the romance story line. The two parts of the story meld together so well they may as well just be the main characters in her books with how well they go together and Extreme Exposure was no different.

First we have Kara a single mom, trying to balance her work life as an investigative reporter with trying to raise her young son Conner and somewhere in there remembering not to be too lonely, a battle she is losing as her son is growing up. I really liked Kara, she was a no nonsense type of woman but not type A. She's a go getter and fantastic at her job even though it does put her in dangerous situations but she isn't reckless. She has a softness about her that made me want to be friends with her because she's so approachable.

Then there is Reece Sheridan, senator, outdoor enthusiast, jeep driving, gourmet dinner making Reece Sheridan. Can you tell that I like him? He is exactly like Kara, just a more masculine version of her without all of that annoying alpha male personality. Well he is definitely all man but it isn't the forefront of his character. He is kind, considerate, funny and most of all he loves Conner, Kara's son and he's all about not pressuring her into anything she doesn't want, but at the same time being strong and someone she could lean on. I found him and the lack of the muscle bound ego manic so refreshing. I loved how his character was written and would absolutely call him one of my favourite heroes.

There was a lot to love about these two especially as a couple because they are just so cute and funny together. Despite the fact that there was a strong element of danger due to the whistleblower's story that Kara is investigating there was a lot of laughs and not the forced laughs but ones that flowed seamlessly from the dialogue without being corny.  I felt as though they along with the other characters in the novel worked very well together and I enjoyed the fact that they weren't used to prop up the main characters and were well fleshed out in their own right.

The suspense aspect was very well written. I liked the way that it was incorporated into the romance and I like how there really was an edge to the suspense and that it wasn't fluffy. Kara was lucky that she had Reece, the police department and her mother and friends to lean on, The scandal doesn't just involve her, poor Reece is a target as well and I am so happy with how the whole thing resolved itself,

As a whole this is one of my favourite romances period. There's a lot of laughs a lot of heat and a sharp edge of danger wrapped up in this 335 page book. It's awesome and I recommend it to all romance lovers who like their stories with a bit of kick. I can't wait to read book two in this series.

LOVED IT!

To "Like" Pamela Clare on Facebook CLICK HERE
To "Follow" Pamela Clare on Twitter CLICK HERE
To become a "Fan" of Pamela Clare on Goodreads CLICK HERE
To visit Pamela's Website CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Chapters Indigo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Kobo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via The Book Depository CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Barnes & Noble CLICK HERE

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/159767.Extreme_Exposure

if-youre-here-blinkie

8 comments:

  1. I love books that have witty humor, suspense and some romance too. It's an awesome combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, and Pamela Clare is awesome at mixing all those things together :)

      Delete
  2. This author and series are new to me, but it sounds well done and I love romantic suspense. LOL, i buy books on release day and it sometimes takes me a year to read them and I kick myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that too!! I think us bookworms are a bunch of greedy folks lol we always want more. I hope you check this series out it's great!

      Delete
  3. Ah good to see you promoting it. I read this first one and then never got on to reading the rest. I don't remember it too well so I need to reread this one first. And you have just made me think I need to do that sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DO IT!! It's so good. I still haven't read the second book but I do have it on hold. Glad to see there's another fan though :)

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you like the book. I hope you enjoy the second one as much as this one

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!