Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #88

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post and, if you want to, add your name to the Linky widget on that day's posts (typically put up midnight EST on Tuesday) so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

My Top 10 Favourite Movies:


Image result for the mysterious island 1961Image result for swiss family robinson 1960 bluray
Image result for journey to the center of the earth 1959 blu ray
Image result for harry potter dvd box set 1-8Image result for lord of the rings trilogy dvd
Image result for the hobbit trilogy dvdImage result for Jurassic park series dvd
Image result for lion king dvdImage result
Image result for tremors series dvd

1. The Mysterious Island (1961) Because I watched it with my mom a lot as a kid.
2. The Swiss Family Robinson (1960) Another one I watched with my mom.
3. Journey To The Center of the Earth (1959) This is one I remember watching with my mom and my Nanny as a kid.
4.  All 8 Harry Potter Movies because I love anything Harry Potter.
5. The Lord of The Rings trilogy I love these movies and remember when the first one came out and my brother took me to see it.
6. The Hobbit Trilogy- Awesome!
7. The Jurassic Park Series - I love dinosaurs and watch these movies anytime they're on TV. I've seen them hundreds of times but love 'em.
8. The Lion King - One of the few movies I remember my dad taking me to as a kid. I saw it when they re-released it in theaters a couple years ago and I was one of those people singing along. LOVE IT.
9. The Martian - This one because it was one of the few books to pull me out of a dark place when my mom died and I thought the movie was adapted perfectly.
10. The Tremors Series another bunch of movies I watched with my mama. I've only just been able to start watching them. I had to turn them off my first year without her.



Mister Turning the Pages' Top 10 Favourite Movies:

Image result for Jurassic park series dvdImage result for the dark knight dvd cover
Image result for back to the future trilogyImage result for scarface
Image result for wise guys dvdImage result for terminator box set
Image result for dumb and dumber dvdImage result for the matrix dvd cover
Image result for inceptionImage result for titanic movie





35 comments:

  1. I love your choices. I always enjoyed watching those movies with you and your mom.Thank you for letting do a top ten. It was fun. Hard to narrow down 10 movies. So many good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I walked out of The Titanic towards the end, couldn't stand the cold water! Am enjoying The Harry Potter movies at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore The Lion King! Easily one of my favourite Disney movies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! It seems to be on a lot of lists this week which I'm happy about!

      Delete
  4. Tremors. I haven't thought of that movie for years. Scary. MY Top Christmas Movies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mix of modern picks and classics. Planning on watching the Martian with my family later this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I basically picked the ones that I will watch when they come on TV no matter how many times I've seen them :)

      Delete
  6. So many of my favourite movies on this list. The Martian is one of my recent faces as well. Seems like we have a similar taste in movies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sensing a theme here. We have reasonably different taste in movies, but I like many of the ones you've listed. (The action ones.) I'm more a Princess Bride kind of gal--some action, a little romance, a little adventure, quippy lines, solid characters... My favorites include that one and Serenity, and the rest fall into very broad categories. I LOVE the RED movies, and Meet the Robinsons, and Underworld, True Lies... Really, favorite movies boil down to mood for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Princess Bride, Underworld, True Lies and RED! I wish I could have picked a top 20 :) They would have made my list for sure.

      Delete
  8. I loved The Lion King growing-up. The music was fantastic too, I listened to the soundtrack almost as much as I watched the movie. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many amazing movies on this list! The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Lion King, and The Matrix would definitely make my list!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We watched The Martian a few months ago and really enjoyed it. Random fact - the vehicle that's taking off during the end credits is actually a Delta IV which my husband was an engineer on. It cracked us up to see it used to send up astronauts and it's not something you'd send people up in if you wanted them to come back! Great list! I see a lot of favorites here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool!! Funny how it isn't used for something to bring people home too. What a neat little fact :)

      Delete
  11. The Swiss Family Robinson is a good one that I forgot to add to my list! It was a favorite when I was a kid.;)
    I haven't seen Tremors, but my MIL loves them!
    The Lion King is another good one. I think Beauty and the Beast would have to be my favorite Disney movie though.;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I really enjoyed The Martian. I loved the humor :) Harry Potter movies were also good. Great list :)
    My TTT
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Martian seems like a popular one with folks this week :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. I love how you listed not just your top ten, but Mr. Turning the Pages' top ten, also! The Martian was terrific. The Harry Potter and LOTR books would definitely be on my top ten, along with the original Star Wars trilogy, The Sound of Music, and Disney's Winnie the Pooh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lark! When I mentioned to him that I was doing this post last night he sent me his list that he wanted on there lol. He's actaully going to be writing some reviews on the blog for graphic novels every once in awhile. I love Disney's Winnie the Pooh I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid. Sound of Music is really popular on lists this week. I should have made mine a top twenty tuesday :) Thanks for stoppin' on by.

      Delete
  14. I am not so much into Action movies. I watched the Terminators but only liked the second one :D
    I HAVE to watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy at least once a year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I watch it anytime I can catch it on tv but I try to do the whole trilogy in a day or two once a year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was really hard for me to pick just 10 favorite movies. I've seen most of the movies on both lists.
    Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Know what you mean! It was super hard to nail down just 10 and I think I edited the list about 15 times before i got it right lol.

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. This one was a no brainer for my list. It was on almost everyone's list :)

      Delete
  18. I really enjoyed The Martian as well. Matt Damon is such a good actor. I picked up the book at a used book sale after I had seen the movie but haven't read it yet.

    I loved The Lion King, too! I always cry in that one. Great lists!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hop over to these guys visit this site check it out go now you can look here Homepage

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!