Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Sunday, November 13, 2016

The Sunday Post #61

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer  It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

Howdy folks! Long time no see, It's been a couple of years since I've done a Sunday Post but I really am back in action on the blog and just in time too since all the holiday reads are running rampant on my TBR list and I can't wait to see what everyone is reading and to share what my bookish thoughts are again. This past week I did my first reviews in 11 months. I'm a bit rusty, they were rambling but it was so good to get back doing what I love. This coming week is hopefully going to be a busy one for the blog as I have a some good books out from the library that I'm super excited to read, and I'm working on writing my reviews for books I've read this past year order to gain some momentum on posting again. I'm also going to be doing my usual memes (e.g. It's Monday!, Top 10 Tuesday, Waiting on Wednesday, Library Loot etc) so be prepared for some double posts. It's crazy to see what books are out in the blog world right now since the last time I was really into blogging some series were just beginning and now they're ending! Time really does fly. I've really missed everyone and the blog which by the way turned 5 years old on October 29th! I didn't do anything to mark the occasion but I'm planning to do something for my birthday in May to make up for it. I suppose a little update is in order. I'm looking for work again (Toronto peeps HOOK ME UP!), and I recently became a Thirty-One Gifts consultant (Website: www.mythirtyone.ca/kimberlymayroy) if you're interested in poking around. I'm still with Mr. Turning the Pages and we celebrated our 8th anniversary on October 19th! 
Us just just after our 1 year anniversary in 2009

Us on our anniversary this year! We look so young in the first photo.

You'll notice that he still comments on every blog post (because he truly is awesome). We've got some new herd babies too! We have two new rescue hamsters and a rescue budgie from the Toronto Humane Society. My brother whom I live with also adopted a new dog from there in February.
Alfie - 1 year old male (He's a cuddlebug)
Peeper - 1 year old female who is missing one eye
Marty McFly 1 year old.
 
Spartan our 2 year old husky/border collie cross

I told you the herd expanded! We still have our cats Cloud, Squirrel and Sausage (who lives with my Mister at his place) as well as our 6 year old female budgie Cleo. 
Other than that life is very much the same old same old. I look forward to catching up with everyone again.

Last Week on Turning the Pages:

                     Library Loot #12

Next Week on Turning the Pages:

Reviews & Memes! Check back throughout the week!

Book Haul:

From the Library:

Scandinavian Gatherings: From Afternoon Fika to Midsummer Feast: 70 Simple Recipes & Crafts for Everyday CelebrationsCrafting with Cat Hair: Cute Handicrafts to Make with Your CatLace Ribbons and Bows: 35 Vintage-Inspired Projects to Make and TreasureFa la la la Felt: 45 Handmade Holiday DecorationsLoom Knitting Afghans, Blankets & Cushions: More Than 20 No-Needle DesignsThe Pale Horseman (The Saxon Stories, #2)Nordic Crafts: Over 30 projects inspired by Scandinavian styleMollie Makes Christmas: Living and Loving a Handmade HolidayKata Golda's Hand-Stitched Felt: 25 Whimsical Sewing Projects
It's a Wonderful Christmas: The Best of the Holidays 1940-1965Crafting Christmas GiftsThe Christmas Book (Hallmark): Creative Ideas for Making the Holidays MemorableChristmas Crafts: 150 Decorations, Gifts, Cards and Treats to Make for a Perfect Christmas. Alan D. Gear and Barry L. Freestone
Handmade ChristmasWarm Mittens and Socks: Dozens of Practical Instructions for Knitting and Crocheting Mittens and Socks from ScratchChristmas Crafting in No Time: 50 Step-By-Step Projects and Inspirational IdeasCountry Living Christmas Joys: Decorating * Crafts * RecipesHalf Yard ChristmasThe New Christmas Tree: 24 Dazzling Trees and Over 100 Handcrafted Projects for an Inspired HolidayKirstie's Christmas CraftsZakka Handmades: 24 Projects Sewn from Natural Fabrics to Help Organize, Adorn, and Simplify Your LifeNightstalkers (MEG, #5)
 
What's new on your end?!
if-youre-here-blinkie


29 comments:

  1. Welcome back and happy belated anniversary!

    I'm not sure regular reviewing helps. I sometimes read my earlier reviews and think they sound far more eloquent than my current reviews. Perhaps everything I have to say has been said before?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! For me regular reviewing definitely helps I used to review at least 3 books a week so I'm anxious to get back doing it :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. Deborah, I've noticed that in my on reviews. The ones I wrote when I could take more time are better written and more insightful than my recent ones. I'm not sure if I'm burnt out, or just feeling under pressure to review all the ARCs I request. I'm beginning to think very seriously of cutting back my requests significantly in 2017.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to the blogosphere. Nice to meet you. What a lot of animals you have. Spartan looks like a special pup.

    Hope you enjoy all the crafty books you hauled and hope to see some of the results here? And so many lovely Christmassy things. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & Nice to meet you too! I'm so happy to be back and I may have gotten carried away with the Christmas themed craft books but I didn't get to do any last year really so I'm stoked about doing it this year. Thanks for stoppin' on by!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back. I agree with Deborah, frequency seems to not always have a positive impact on my reviews. Time to write them does, but there is never enough. Love that you get books from the library, my favourite place! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the majority of my reads from the library! I only live a 15 minute walk away from one of our city's branches so I'm there every two or three days :) Thanks for droppin by!

      Delete
  4. It's good to have you in the swing of things. Look at all of those beautiful craft books! I love crafts, especially of the holiday variety. In fact, we are have a handmade tree t his year. Nothing store bought, except for lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I only did one craft last year (salt dough ornaments) but did them maybe 4 days before Christmas so I lucked out. I'm hoping to get ahead of the game this year. Our tree is usually more ornament than tree (seriously looks like a unicorn through up on it). Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Welcome back. Glad to hear you are ramped up about reading and writing and sharing your world. Have a super day.
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like someone is in the holiday spirit! <3 And happy anniversary to you guys, you look like such babies in 2009! I think my husband and I have our 8 year dating-anni next September, I'm afraid to see our side-by-side comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well here things start ramping up early for Christmas, after Halloween it's all about decking the halls! I didn't think I still had that photo but it was buried deep in the Facebook archives lol. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  7. Welcome back, I'm looking forward to reading some of your upcoming reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hau'oli la ho'omana'o to you and your husband. Many of these craft books look so fun. Please show anything you make. I wanna see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I'm definitely going to be sharing anything I make on the blog so keep on stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Welcome back. I have wanted to read Crafting With Cat Hair for foirever, ha ha. I will be looking out for what you think of it. I love all of your rescues. They are precious. Have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! I see many Christmas type books on your list :) I love reading them and have some on my list too.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Christmas books, not that you can tell. Glad I'm not the only Christmas crafter!

      Delete
  11. I'm glad your back blogging again. It's makes you so happy. I'm always your #1 fan and so are all the fur babies :) Spartan, Cleo, Marty, peeper, Alfie, cloud, squirrel, and sausage. Oh and felixers. Can't forget him :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back to blogging! I can see you're gearing up for Christmas crafting; I hope you'll post pictures of your creations! Meanwhile, I enjoyed the pictures of your herd additions... and chuckled over the bird named Marty McFly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marty McFly was named by the Mister, it was a compromise his first choice was to name him Biff but I vetoed it and he looked like a Marty to me. I'm so glad to be back!

      Delete
  13. Welcome back! Missed you :) and happy belated anniversary - blog and wedding!! Love how the Herd has expanded, more to love :) have a great week and good luck catching up with reviews, that's a never ending battle for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Berls :) We aren't married though, just together lol :)

      Delete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!