Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Saturday, November 26, 2016

*[Review] Hidden Summit (Virgin River #15) by Robyn Carr




Hidden Summit

Summary:

Return to Virgin River with the books that started it all… 


When Connor Danson becomes an unwitting witness to a violent crime, he is forced to leave Sacramento and keep a low profile until the trial is over. He arrives in the tiny mountain town of Virgin River with a chip on his shoulder and an ache in his heart. 

Leslie Petruso didn't want to leave her hometown, either. But she can't stand another minute of listening to her ex-husband tell everyone that his new wife and impending fatherhood are the best things that ever happened to him. Virgin River may not be home, but it's a place where she can be anonymous. 

Neither Connor nor Leslie is remotely interested in starting a new relationship…until they meet one another. Even they can't deny they have a lot in common—broken hearts notwithstanding. And in Virgin River, no one can stay hidden away from life and love for very long…
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 320 pages (Paperback)
Available Formats: Print/E-Book/E-Audiobook/Audiobook (CD)
Publication Date: February 23rd 2016 by Mira (first published December 16th 2011)

This is one Virgin River book I was ever so slightly hesitant in reading, unlike the previous books in the series the characters in this installment were both completely 100% new to the series and Virgin River. I love that we usually have an idea of at least one of the characters in the books are like before we get into them so things were a little different. Not in a bad way though, it was nice seeing some new blood in Virgin River.

As always Robyn Carr did a really great job in creating both Connor and Leslie. Both are new arrivals with no long term plans for staying in the quaint little mountain town and both are trying to escape some pretty rough situations and neither counted on falling in love with each other or the town. There's Leslie, office manager extraordinaire, trying to get away from her weirdo ex-husband and Connor, who is in Witness Protection after witnessing a crime and coming forward. Strange circumstances brought them to Virgin River, and while they didn't seem like they'd work at first I really did come to like them as a couple. 

Connor was very sweet. He would literally give the shirt off his back to help someone and he has the biggest heart. However, he's no pushover and gives Leslie just enough resistance so that she can't always have her way (though she gets it pretty often where he's concerned). He's funny and charming and while I thought at first that he was a bit too much of a goody goody I'm pleased to say you don't want to cross him.

Leslie, was a great character as well. After the muck up of her marriage to a complete idiot I can see why she wanted to pick up and move on. I just wish that she stood up for herself to her ex-husband (whom we meet) much sooner than she did and as much as I liked her I felt that sometimes she over thought things and got in her own way too much and that kind of detracted from the story.

I enjoyed seeing the usual cast of merry characters and hanging out at Jack's Bar again felt like I was coming home and having a nice catch up with some old friends. I enjoyed seeing everyone again and I loved how they extended the classic Virgin River welcome to both Connor and Leslie who needed some good folks to have their backs. 

This Virgin River installment had more twists and turns in it than the usual ones what with Connor being a witness to a murder and Leslie being harassed by her ex but it was a refreshing one nonetheless. My only complaint with this one is that I wish Leslie wasn't the forefront of the story and that Connor was. Leslie as much as I liked her character was a bit too woe is me at times and that detracted from the story a bit.

I would recommend this one to fans of the Virgin River series who haven't read it yet and to new fans. Each story is self contained and a little bit of backstory into the town and its inhabitants are always worked into the books so if you want this can be read without reading the previous books. If contemporary romance with a great setting and wonderful characters and lots of laughs are your thing pick this one up as soon as you can!


Really Liked It!

To "Like" Robyn on Facebook CLICK HERE
To "Follow" Robyn on Twitter CLICK HERE
To become a "Fan" of Robyn on Goodreads CLICK HERE
To visit Robyn's Website CLICK HERE 
To purchase the book via Chapters Indigo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Kobo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via The Book Depository CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Barnes & Noble CLICK HERE

if-youre-here-blinkie

11 comments:

  1. It's so great you love this series. It's sounds like such a cute series to read through.And it's great the books can be read as a standalone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're Mom really has to read the rest of the series since she loved the first book.

      Delete
    2. Yeah this series is right up her alley

      Delete
  2. Oh yes Carr, I have read 1,5 books by her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review. #15? Wow long series, but it's cool that there's a different story in each book. Connor and Leslie seem like interesting characters. I like the kind of guy Connor is, sweet but don't mess with him :) Will give this one a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it melded with the series wonderfully! Great news because I've had this author's work in my to read list for some time And I may try to dig in a little after the new year.😉 Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I do need to get back to hers. I'm around book 10 I think. Glad to see you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard good things about this author and this sounds like a really sweet series. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried this series yet but it's been on my TBR for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!