Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, December 2, 2013

Quote-Tastic Monday #26

 
This one is simple and just about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from! Hosted by the FABULOUS Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup
 
A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
Summary taken from Goodreads.com
 
“How could I not love him, after that? That is not to say that I approved of all he did, or much enjoyed the company of the man that he became... but every little girl needs a big brother to protect her. Tywin was big even when he was little.” She gave a sigh. “Who will protect us now?”
Jaime kissed her cheek. “He left a son.”
“Aye, he did. That is what I fear the most, in truth.”
That was a queer remark. “Why should you fear?”
“Jaime,” she said, tugging on his ear, “sweetling, I have known you since you were a babe at Joanna’s breast. You smile like Gerion and fight like Tyg, and there’s some of Kevan in you, else you would not wear that cloak... but Tyrion is Tywin’s son, not you. I said so once to your father’s face, and he would not speak to me for half a year. Men are such thundering great fools. Even the sort who come along once in a thousand years.”  
 
I just loved this book in the series because it was a departure from how the novels had been written prior to this installment.
 
What is YOUR favourite bookish quote this week?
 
 

6 comments:

  1. LOL thundering great fools. Yeah I'm with her on that. lol I love the endearment sweetling <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like sweetling too but have never heard it outside of books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe one day I'll read these books or watch the tv show lol..

    Sweetling is a great endearment. Its more of a historical endearment..


    -Amanda P


    Where the Night Kind Roam

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's killing me that everybody else seems to have read this but me . I'd heard good things about Game of Thrones but still I've yet to read it or watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that quotation too! Tyrion really was Tywin son in regards to shrewdness.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!