Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #92

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released.

Mistress of the Wind

Summary:

Bjorn needs to find a very special woman . . .
The fate of his people, and his own life, depends on it. But when he does find her, she is nothing like he imagined, and may just harbor more secrets than he does himself.

Astrid has never taken well to commands. No matter who issues them . . .

She's clashed her whole life with her father, and now her lover, the mysterious man who comes to her bedroom in darkness and disappears to guard his mountain by day as a bear, is finding it out the hard way. And when he's taken by his enemies, no one is prepared for Astrid's response.

It is never wise to anger the mistress of the wind . . .

A captivating and magical retelling of the fairy tale East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 345 pages (Paperback)
Expected Publication Date: December 19th 2013 by Michelle Diener

Why I'm Waiting:

I read one of the author's previous self published works Daughter of the Sky this past summer and loved it so even though the book release is only 8 days away I still can't wait to read it.

Queen Elizabeth's Daughter: A Novel of Elizabeth I

Summary:

From the author of At the Mercy of the Queen comes the gripping tale of Mary Shelton, Elizabeth I’s young cousin and ward, set against the glittering backdrop of the Elizabethan court.

Mistress Mary Shelton is Queen Elizabeth’s favorite ward, enjoying every privilege the position affords. The queen loves Mary like a daughter, and, like any good mother, she wants her to make a powerful match. The most likely prospect: Edward de Vere, Earl of Oxford. But while Oxford seems to be everything the queen admires: clever, polished and wealthy, Mary knows him to be lecherous, cruel, and full of treachery. No matter how hard the queen tries to push her into his arms, Mary refuses.

Instead, Mary falls in love with a man who is completely unsuitable. Sir John Skydemore is a minor knight with little money, a widower with five children. Worst of all, he’s a Catholic at a time when Catholic plots against Elizabeth are rampant. The queen forbids Mary to wed the man she loves. When the young woman, who is the queen’s own flesh and blood, defies her, the couple finds their very lives in danger as Elizabeth’s wrath knows no bounds.

Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 384 pages (Paperback)
Expected Publication Date: March 18th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

Why I'm Waiting:

I've always been fascinated by Elizabeth, more so now that I'm reading a historical mystery set in her court so when I saw this I had to post it today.

What are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?
 

10 comments:

  1. Queen Elizabeth's Daughter sounds very intriguing. Great picks!

    My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mistress of the Wind looks amazing . Thank you for sharing.
    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some great picks. They sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks, I hope you enjoy them! :)
    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sound of Queen Elizabeth's Daughter. I have At the Mercy of the Queen in my TBR pile still. Great picks :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those both sound good but I think I'd really enjoy Mistress of the Wind, time to check the library!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when I discover new, great authors and their new books are coming out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh! I knew that name sounded familiar. Michelle Diener, I have Banquet of Lies from her to read! This sounds like a different sort of story from her but sounds like a good one! Great picks!
    Bonnie @ For the Love of Words

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome picks! Queen Elizabeth's Daughter sounds interesting. :)

    -Jess

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!