Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, December 9, 2013

Quote-Tastic Monday #27

 
This one is simple and just about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from! Hosted by the FABULOUS Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup
 
His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1)
 
Summary:
 
Aerial combat brings a thrilling new dimension to the Napoleonic Wars as valiant warriors ride mighty fighting dragons, bred for size or speed. When HMS Reliant captures a French frigate and seizes the precious cargo, an unhatched dragon egg, fate sweeps Captain Will Laurence from his seafaring life into an uncertain future – and an unexpected kinship with a most extraordinary creature.

Thrust into the rarified world of the Aerial Corps as master of the dragon Temeraire, he will face a crash course in the daring tactics of airborne battle. For as France’s own dragon-borne forces rally to breach British soil in Bonaparte’s boldest gambit, Laurence and Temeraire must soar into their own baptism of fire.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 384 pages (Kindle)
Publication Date: March 28th 2006 by Del Rey
 
“He slept once again in the small tent by his side, even though he thought Temeraire was well over his distress, and was rewarded in the morning by being woken early, Temeraire peering into the tent with one great eye and inquiring if perhaps Laurence would like to go to Dover and arrange for the concert today.

“I would like to sleep until a civilized hour, but as that is evidently not to be, perhaps I will ask leave of Lenton to go,” Laurence said, yawning as he crawled from the tent. “May I have my breakfast first?”

“Oh, certainly,” Temeraire said, with an air of generosity.”  
 
Anyone else think it would be awesome to have a talking dragon?
 
 
What is YOUR favourite bookish quote this week?
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. I would LOVE a dragon. Well, a shape shifting dragon. With nice abs and a deep gravely voice when he shifted. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. DRAGONS! Gimme!

    LOL Anna, I second that :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved His Majesty's Dragon! The later books get a bit dull, but His Majesty's Dragon is great. I would gladly share my cow with Temeraire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to read the 4th book next, I like the whole alternative history element to it. and Temeraire is awesome!

      Delete
  4. heck yeah!! I would love a dragon, talking or not! And I love the cover :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!