Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter #3) by Nalini Singh


Archangel's Consort  (Guild Hunter, #3)
 
Summary:
 
Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux and her lover, the lethally beautiful archangel Raphael, have returned home to New York only to face an uncompromising new evil…

A vampire has attacked a girls’ school—the assault one of sheer, vicious madness—and it is only the first act. Rampant bloodlust takes vampire after vampire, threatening to make the streets run with blood. Then Raphael himself begins to show signs of an uncontrolled rage, as inexplicable storms darken the city skyline and the earth itself shudders. The omens are suddenly terrifyingly clear.

An ancient and malevolent immortal is rising. The violent winds whisper her name: Caliane. She has returned to reclaim her son, Raphael. Only one thing stands in her way: Elena, the consort who must be destroyed…
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 324 pages (Mass Market Paperback)
Source: Gift
Available Formats: Print/E-book/Audio
Publication Date: January 25th 2011 by Berkley Sensation
 
I absolutely love the Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh so when I got this one for Christmas so I was stoked to get it but as usual my other books got in the way and I didn't read this one until the other day.It was so awesome to finally get back into this series as I had finished the preceding book back in October of 2012 and I really missed Elena, Rafael and the other regular characters that appear in these books.
 
After the way the last book left off I knew something major was going to happen in this one and I was so not disappointed. I've come to really love the way Nalini Singh develops her stories for this series of Urban Fantasy novels. The way she builds such intricate plot lines and brings them to fruition and ties everything together is genius and I never know how things are going to turn out for Elena, and now her mate, the archangel Rafael.
 
Again in this book she was able to bring her characters to life and combine that with an excellent plot line to bring about such a successful series. The author's consistency also helped aid in the telling of Archangel's Consort. There is a seamless flow from one novel to the next so it feels all the more put together.
 
This book though was my most favourite of the ones I've read so far. There was a lot more action, political undercurrents and brutality than the other books. I also liked seeing how Elena is progressing as a newly made angel and seeing her relationship with Rafael develop even though I don't really care for him that much. For me, Elena is the star of this series and her smarts, wit, and intelligence makes her one of my favourite female characters because she doesn't take crap from any body not even her mate.
 
I also enjoyed the way that Nalini Singh is using angels, archangels, and vampires in this series. I especially find the angel lore intriguing and the way she relays the histories, myths and legends in little pieces is really neat because ultimately it gives a better perspective of the book as a whole.
 
With lots of bloodshed, and a few painful trips down memory lane for both Elena and Rafael we follow them as they deal with the repercussions of a sleeping archangel who just happens to be Rafael's once insane mother slowly waking and reeking havoc across the world as well a Elena deals with the ghost of her own dead mother as well as her prick of a father along with the knowledge that as an angel she will out live all those she holds dear.
 
 
Overall, I thought this was a fantastic third book in the Guild Hunter series and I honestly think that it's a prime example of Urban Fantasy at it's best. There was sex, murder, adventure drama and some light hearted moments that helped to bring the story together. The way that the whole story unraveled was great and surprised me quite a bit because I wasn't expecting it to turn out the way it did.  I loved seeing the characters change and evolve and can't wait to read the rest of the series. 
 
I highly recommend Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter series to everyone who wants to read an Urban Fantasy book with a kick ass heroine, awesome plot lines, great characters and angels. The action will suck you in and have you reading late into the night.
 
 
I read this book for the following reading challenges:
 
2013 150+ Reading Challenge

 
Loved it!
★★★★★

To "Like" Nalini  on Facebook CLICK HERE
To "Follow" Nalini  on Twitter CLICK HERE
To become a "Fan" of Nalini  on Goodreads CLICK HERE
To visit Nalini's Website CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Chapters Indigo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Kobo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via The Book Depository CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Barnes & Noble CLICK HERE

 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I admit, I've been reluctant to get into this series because... I don't entirely know why, except that I'm not that into vampires, and I'm a little uncomfortable with playing around with the nature of angels. Still, you make it sound intriguing, and I may have to give them a try one of these days. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the feeling you get when you are reading a series you love and step back into the world. This series seems to be developing well, and the fact that the third book is your favorite speaks volumes. I need to try and get to this one day:) Awesome review ans so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work Agen Sbobet Bola Tangkas

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!