Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #5



 
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
 
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• 
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Empty
 
Summary:
 
A dystopic look at what happens to one American town when all the fossil fuels run out...
It's the near future - the very near future - and the fossil fuels are running out. No gas. No oil. Which means no driving. No heat. Supermarkets are empty. Malls have shut down. Life has just become more local than we ever knew it could be.
Nobody expected the end to come this fast. And in the small town of Spring Valley, decisions that once seemed easy are quickly becoming matters of life and death. There is hope - there has to be hope - just there are also sacrifices that need to be made, and a whole society that needs to be rethought.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 192 pages (Hardcover)
Publication Date: October 1st 2010 by Scholastic Press
 
My Teaser:
 
"Various groups offering aid had come in, but Sage Valley was apparently lower on the list of places in need of immediate relief than others. As he spoke, his words seemed shameful and cold."
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Ooh this one sounds interesting. What if fuel does run out? Hmmm...

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the cover. Snippet is intriguing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover of this one too. That's what grabbed me when I saw it at the library :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of this one yet but I love dystopian stories. I'll be looking for this one. Thanks for the teaser!

    My teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree that this could happen in the near future... im taking a break from dystopia books but im very much intrigued by this

    my teaser tuesday
    http://wp.me/p3v5T1-54

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!