Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #68


 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!
 
Here are my picks for the week: 
 
Hunted (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #6)
 
Summary:
 
For a two-thousand-year-old Druid, Atticus O’Sullivan is a pretty fast runner. Good thing, because he’s being chased by not one but two goddesses of the hunt—Artemis and Diana—for messing with one of their own. Dodging their slings and arrows, Atticus, Granuaile, and his wolfhound Oberon are making a mad dash across modern-day Europe to seek help from a friend of the Tuatha Dé Danann. His usual magical option of shifting planes is blocked, so instead of playing hide-and-seek, the game plan is . . . run like hell.

Crashing the pantheon marathon is the Norse god Loki. Killing Atticus is the only loose end he needs to tie up before unleashing Ragnarok—AKA the Apocalypse. Atticus and Granuaile have to outfox the Olympians and contain the god of mischief if they want to go on living—and still have a world to live in.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 400 pages (Mass Market Paperback)
Expected Publication Date: June 25th 2013 by Del Rey
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I'm currently reading the first book in this series and I am absolutely loving it. In fact I'm going to be finished reading it in about a half hour and it is so good. I absolutely love Kevin Hearne's writing style! He's hilarious and I don't think I go more than 5 pages without giggling. I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself since this one is the 6th book but I've already got books 2 and 3 on hold at the library. If you haven't checked this series out I highly suggest doing so!
 
The Spirit Keeper: A Novel
 
Summary:
 
A fiery frontier woman falls deeply in love with her Native American captor on an epic journey

The thirteenth child conceived of miserable Irish exiles, Katie O’Toole dreams of a different life. Little does she know that someone far away is dreaming of her.

In 1747, savages raid her family home, and seventeen-year-old Katie is taken captive. Syawa and Hector have been searching for her, guided by Syawa’s dreams. A young Holyman, Syawa believes Katie is the subject of his Vision: the Creature of Fire and Ice, destined to bring a great gift to his people. Despite her flaming hair and ice-blue eyes, Katie is certain he is mistaken, but faced with returning to her family, she agrees to join them. She soon discovers that in order to fulfill Syawa’s Vision, she must first become his Spirit Keeper, embarking on an epic journey that will change her life—and heart—forever.
    Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 352 pages (Paperback)
Expected Publication Date: September 24th 2013 by Plume
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I gotta be honest the cover is what really makes me want to read the novel. That isn't to say that the summary isn't awesome and enticing which it is, but there's just something about the cover that's screaming "READ ME" to me.
 
What are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?

 

17 comments:

  1. I love your blog design :) The book sounds very interesting as well:D

    My WoW :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to read the Iron Druid Chronicles forever! Great picks!!

    arlene
    winterhaven
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunted looks awesome :) I'd love to check that one out!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great series. I just added it to my goodreads to be read list. Thank you for another great selection. Wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the Spirit Keeper sounds like something I would like.

    Fab picks.

    Feel Free to pop over and check out our picks this week: Waiting on Wednesday #17

    Siobhan @ Totally Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought Hunted was published like last year or something... perhaps I'm wrong though. And I LOOOOOVE your blog design. I haven't stopped in a while, but it's gotta be new!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hunted sounds like the very thing I'm looking to add to my summer reading list! My WoW

    @TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hunted! Yes! I picked that one last week! CANNOT WAIT! I was under the mistaken impression it would be the last one in the series, but IT'S NOT!

    ~Mandi Kaye | My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. These both look awesome...especially The Spirit Keeper. Enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hunted sounds great. I haven't seen The Spirit Keeper, and it sounds really good too. Nice picks.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Spirit Keeper caught my eye,nice picks.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hadn't heard of Hunted but I flipping LOVE the cover and honestly that's enough to make me want to look into it but that you're loving the series even more! Will definitely keep a look out for it when I'm out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't heard of either of those before but now I'm really interested in reading Hunted! Hope you enjoy both books! :-)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh I can't wait to read start the Iron Druid series! Great WoW picks!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Spirit Keeper looks interesting. I've never heard of this one before!

    My WoW: http://vampireandotherparanormalthingsqueen.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. THE SPIRIT KEEPER sounds interesting; I'll have to add it to my list of to-reads. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!