Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #23

   
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
 
• Grab your current read• Open to a random page
• 
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 
A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)
 
Summary:
 
Here is the third volume in George R. R. Martin’s magnificent cycle of novels that includes A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings. As a whole, this series comprises a genuine masterpiece of modern fantasy, bringing together the best the genre has to offer. Magic, mystery, intrigue, romance, and adventure fill these pages and transport us to a world unlike any we have ever experienced. Already hailed as a classic, George R. R. Martin’s stunning series is destined to stand as one of the great achievements of imaginative fiction.
A STORM OF SWORDS
Of the five contenders for power, one is dead, another in disfavor, and still the wars rage as violently as ever, as alliances are made and broken. Joffrey, of House Lannister, sits on the Iron Throne, the uneasy ruler of the land of the Seven Kingdoms. His most bitter rival, Lord Stannis, stands defeated and disgraced, the victim of the jealous sorceress who holds him in her evil thrall. But young Robb, of House Stark, still rules the North from the fortress of Riverrun. Robb plots against his despised Lannister enemies, even as they hold his sister hostage at King’s Landing, the seat of the Iron Throne. Meanwhile, making her way across a blood-drenched continent is the exiled queen, Daenerys, mistress of the only three dragons still left in the world. . . .

But as opposing forces maneuver for the final titanic showdown, an army of barbaric wildlings arrives from the outermost line of civilization. In their vanguard is a horde of mythical Others—a supernatural army of the living dead whose animated corpses are unstoppable. As the future of the land hangs in the balance, no one will rest until the Seven Kingdoms have exploded in a veritable storm of swords. . .
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 1177 pages (Mass Market Paperback)
Publication Date: January 2000
 
My Teaser:
Pg. 1000
 
 
"Undoubtedly. I swore as much in the letter I sent Prince Doran with his brother's body."
 
What's your teaser this Tuesday?
 
Don't Forget to enter my 2nd Blogoversary International Giveaway by clicking the button below:


Calling ALL Bloggers & Authors the 2013 Christmas Card Exchange is open! Click the button below for details!
 
 

17 comments:

  1. They are just a wee bit violent in the SOIAF series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still want to read this series, but I think I keep avoiding it as the books are so huge!!. Great teaser :)

    Here is my Tuesday Teaser from Angelbound by Christina Bauer if you want to check it out

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so worth it Chene, they're so fast paced they don't feel that long.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. I definitely need to read this series -- it's been on my TBR list ... but there's just so many things on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser, Kimberly! I have this whole series on my TBR, I just feel a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of pages in those books :)

    Happy reading :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good teaser, Kimberly. I've seen the first two seasons, but have not even considered reading the books, both because of their size and because I do NOT need to get hooked on another author/series. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The size of these books has put me off. But if they are as fast paced as you say I might give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite violent. But that era definitely was violent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. To send a letter with a body. What a thought. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these books! The funny thing is, I've read them all, and I still can't place your teaser or figure out who's speaking or who's body is being sent! I guess after that many thousands of pages, some of the details slip through the cracks. :) Nice choice! Here's my teaser post:
    My Tuesday Post

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice teaser. I confess, I haven't read any Game of Thrones books yet. (hides in shame)
    Thanks for stopping by! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, your blog is beautiful. Seeing the carriage at the top just made my day :) I love the *Game of Thrones* series! That quote exemplifies what is wonderful about those books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have yet to read them either. I have a friend who has read them all over and over for a whole year. Only that series. Me, I listen to them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know, I think that this teaser sums up the series particularly well haha! Great teaser, hope you're enjoying the series (I loved it, but I'm so impatient for the next book). Thanks for stopping by my teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess I'm the only one left out who hasn't read it yet. Too many books, too little time :(

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Kero

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!