Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Friday, July 4, 2014

Friday 56 #28


This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56 

 Rules:
 
 *Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it
 
Bird Box
 
Summary:
 
Most people ignored the outrageous reports on the news. But they became too frequent, they became too real. And soon, they began happening down the street. Then the Internet died. The television and radio went silent. The phones stopped ringing. And we couldn't look outside anymore. Malorie raises the children the only way she can; indoors. The house is quiet. The doors are locked, the curtains are closed, mattresses are nailed over the windows. They are out there. She might let them in. The children sleep in the bedroom across the hall. Soon she will have to wake them. Soon she will have to blindfold them. Today they must leave the house. Today they will risk everything.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 262 pages (Hardcover)
Publication Date: May 13th 2014 by Ecco
 
My 56:
 
"Move!" she screams.
"...who here has gone mad?"
The man cackles. It sounds like his laughter rises toward the sky he speaks of. She thinks to ask, How far back did you see one? But she doesn't.
"Leave us!" Marjorie yells.
 
What's your 56?
 
if-youre-here-blinkie

11 comments:

  1. Oh God, this sounds slightly terrifying! I haven't read a really scary book in a long time, so this is slightly throwing me off! I hope you enjoy it though! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh spooky, I love it! Adding this one to my TBR for sure.

    my BB and 56

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like something out of a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wondering what's out there. Is it a zombie or something eles? I've not heard of this book but will be checking it out. Sounds delightfully scary and that's my kind of reading!
    Here's mine - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/07/04/the-friday-56-26-wherewolves-no-i-didnt-spell-it-wrong/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good! Is this a rewrite of The Birds? Love the excerpt?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this sounds interesting. I love the title and the cover too.
    My Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book's title and cover made me think of Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds." I'm wondering what happened -- and what will happen next. Deliciously terrifying!
    Here's the link to my Friday post: SIX MONTHS IN MONTANA.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds creepily awesome!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I could put this one down. What's wrong? Is it something about the birds?

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!