Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #71

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
 
Top Ten Classic Mysteries I Want To Read:
 
*Note: I say classic but use it loosely, my definition for this list at least is works published before 1940.
 
The Complete Sherlock Holmes
(I have read some of the SH short stories but I want to read everything)
 
Whose Body?  (Lord Peter Wimsey, #1)The Maltese FalconAnd Then There Were NoneMurder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1)The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot #1)The Woman in WhiteThe Circular Staircase (Barnes & Noble Library of Essential Reading)The Postman Always Rings TwiceA Speedy Death (Mrs. Bradley, #1)
 
What's your Top 10 this Tuesday?
 
if-youre-here-blinkie

9 comments:

  1. Great theme! I went more generally with classics I want to read, but we do have some cross-over: I want to read The Woman in White, and I really need to read anything by Agatha Christie, but I don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun list! I haven't read The Woman in White, but I have read Wilkie Collins's The Moonstone which is considered to be the first detective novel. :) I definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't already. I haven't read any Agatha Christie - she's an author I really need to get around to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant list. I've heard of many of these books, but haven't yet got around to all of them. I want to try more Agatha Christie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohh nice list! classic mystery is certainly something I'm pretty interested in reading. I've only read 1 Agatha christie novel and it was Nemesis.. I wasn't really fond of it but I'd still like to try these Agatha Christie books you listed :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  5. I desperately need to read some Agatha Christie. Like soon. :) Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit that when it comes to mystery classics, I completely fail at life. I haven't read Sherlock Holmes or Agatha Christie either. The Woman in White especially looks like a book I should get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun list! I have The Woman in White on my list to be read as well. I've also heard great things about The Circular Staircase.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a huge mystery fan, and I can't believe I've never read Agatha Christie. I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your list! The Christies are fantastic as is the Sayers. I like Rinehart but she can seem a little more dated than Christie and Sayers somehow. I'd love to hear your take on her. I definitely want to give the Wilkie Collins and the Cain a try. They both look great!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!