Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #121

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released.
 
The Glass Arrow
 
Summary:
 
From the author of Article 5 comes the haunting tale of a girl on the run from the men who hunt her, men who want to auction off breeding rights to the highest bidder.

In a world where females are scarce and are hunted, then bought and sold at market for their breeding rights, 15-year old Aya has learned how to hide. With a ragtag bunch of other women and girls, she has successfully avoided capture and eked out a nomadic but free existence in the mountains. But when Aya’s luck runs out and she’s caught by a group of businessmen on a hunting expedition, fighting to survive takes on a whole new meaning.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 336 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: February 10th 2015 by Tor Teen
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
Haven't many YA novels that have bidders for breeding rights so it sounds like one of the more unique reads that are coming out.
 
Red Queen
 
Summary:
 
Mare Barrow's world is divided by blood--those with red and those with silver. Mare and her family are lowly Reds, destined to serve the Silver elite whose supernatural abilities make them nearly gods. Mare steals what she can to help her family survive, but when her best friend is conscripted into the army she gambles everything to win his freedom. A twist of fate leads her to the royal palace itself, where, in front of the king and all his nobles, she discovers a power of her own--an ability she didn't know she had. Except . . . her blood is Red.
To hide this impossibility, the king forces her into the role of a lost Silver princess and betroths her to one of his own sons. As Mare is drawn further into the Silver world, she risks her new position to aid the Scarlet Guard--the leaders of a Red rebellion. Her actions put into motion a deadly and violent dance, pitting prince against prince--and Mare against her own heart.

From debut author Victoria Aveyard comes a lush, vivid fantasy series where loyalty and desire can tear you apart and the only certainty is betrayal.
Summary and cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 400 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: February 10th 2015 by Harper Teen
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I like the idea of having different coloured blood types and Mare sounds like a really good heroine.
 
What are you waiting on?
 
 
if-youre-here-blinkie 

9 comments:

  1. I am so excited for both of these books, they both sound equally great. =)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH!! The Red Queen. I've been waiting for that too. hihihi
    bibliophilekid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to read both of these! My friend showed me The Red Queen recently and boy does it sound amazing. Also I loved Article 5 and I cannot wait to see what new Kristen has for us. Great picks :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these sound so amazing. I mean both red queen and glass arrow sound so intense :)

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two excellent choices. I have been seeing these both around this week. They both sound like something I would read.

    Grace
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. These both sound good. I was waiting on Deborah Harkness' The Book of Life. Just realized it's out now; must download.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also waiting on the third book of Nora Roberts in The Cousins O'Dwyer trilogy, Blood Magick

      Delete
  7. I WANT BOTH OF THESE! Curse you, February, for being so far away!

    Here's my WoW pick for this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been seeing these two around, I absolutely love the sound of these. Can't wait to read them :D

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!