Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #120

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released.
 
Mortal Danger (Immortal Game, #1)
 
Summary:
 
Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Edie Kramer has a score to settle with the beautiful people at Blackbriar Academy. Their cruelty drove her to the brink of despair, and four months ago, she couldn't imagine being strong enough to face her senior year. But thanks to a Faustian compact with the enigmatic Kian, she has the power to make the bullies pay. She's not supposed to think about Kian once the deal is done, but devastating pain burns behind his unearthly beauty, and he's impossible to forget.

In one short summer, her entire life changes, and she sweeps through Blackbriar, prepped to take the beautiful people down from the inside. A whisper here, a look there, and suddenly... bad things are happening. It's a heady rush, seeing her tormentors get what they deserve, but things that seem too good to be true usually are, and soon, the pranks and payback turns from delicious to deadly. Edie is alone in a world teeming with secrets and fiends lurking in the shadows. In this murky morass of devil's bargains, she isn't sure who—or what--she can trust. Not even her own mind...
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 372 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: August 5th 2014 by Feiwel & Friends
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I love Ann Aguirre's novels!
 
Winter Falls
 
Summary:
 
Alessia Jacobs is a typical sixteen-year-old, dying to get out of her small Maine town. Things look up when a new family comes to town. But as she begins to fall for the hot, mysterious son, Jonah, her life turns upside down.
Weird visions of transforming into an otherworldly falcon are just the beginning. Soon she learns she’s part of the Benandanti, an ancient cult of warriors with the unique power to separate their souls from their bodies and take on the forms of magnificent animals.
Alessia never would’ve suspected it, but her boring town is the site of an epic struggle between the Benandanti and the Malandanti to control powerful magic in the surrounding forest.

As Alessia is drawn into the Benandanti’s mission, her relationship with Jonah intensifies. Suddenly forced to weigh choices a sixteen-year-old should never have to make, Alessia witnesses two worlds colliding with devastating consequences.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 400 pages (Hardcover)
Publication Date: December 16th 2014 by Medallion Press            
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
It sounds like a unique read and I adore the cover.
 
What are you waiting on?
 
 
if-youre-here-blinkie 
 
 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. I've seen Mortal Danger around the blogosphere a lot lately. I haven't heard of the other one, though. Hope you enjoy them when you get them!

    Happy reading!

    My WoW

    Kacii
    The Kooky Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. Try this link: http://thekookybookworm.blogspot.kr/2014/07/waiting-on-wednesday-37.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! I can't wait for Mortal Danger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are intriguing. Hope we read them soon :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mortal Danger sounds intriguingly dark. I hadn't hear of Winter Falls previously, but I'm interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so can't wait for Mortal Danger, I love revenge based stories, and love the cover too. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of your picks! especially Mortal Danger! sounds all intense and creepy :)

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover of Mortal Danger, it is so simple yet pretty!

    Amber @ The Book Bratz
    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kimberly, this looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been waiting for Mortal Danger forever! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both covers are amazing, but especially winter falls because it's an owl and I am obsessed with owls!

    Keely @ ireaditandwept

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any Ann Aguirre books yet but Mortal Danger sounds really exciting and interesting. Maybe I'll be adding this one to my TBR list :) Thanks Kim.

    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!