Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, April 7, 2014

Quote-Tastic Monday #41

 
This one is simple and just about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from! Hosted by the FABULOUS Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup
 
Forbidden Falls (Virgin River, #9)
 
Summary:
 
VIRGIN RIVER IS ABUZZ WITH THE NEWS THAT A STRANGER BOUGHT THE TOWN'S ABANDONED CHURCH ON EBAY. THE BUYER, A YOUNG WIDOWED REVEREND, IS A LITTLE LIKE THE BUILDING ITSELF: IN NEED OF SOME TENDER LOVING CARE.

Noah Kincaid arrives ready to roll up his sleeves and revitalize his new purchase, but he's going to need some help. An ad in the local paper brings and improbably candidate his way.

"Pastor's assistant" is not a phrase that springs to mind when Noah meets brassy, beautiful Ellie Baldwin. With her colorful clothes and even more colorful past, Ellie needs a respectable job so she can regain custody of her children. Noah can't help but admire her spunk and determination, and she may just be the breath of fresh air he needs.

The unlikely duo may come from two different worlds, but they have more in common than anyone would have expected. And in Virgin River lasting happiness is never out of the question.

Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 371 pages (Mass Market Paperback)
Publication Date: December 29th 2009 by Mira

Quote:

“He grabbed her face in his hands again. "I want to be with you forever. I want to be beside you every night, holding you close, whispering to you that I love you more than anything in the world, that you turned my whole world upside down just when it needed to be turned upside down. I want to make forever promises to you out loud, in front of God, and I want you to promise to be my woman, my wife, my one and only love, my best friend and my conscience. You're never easy, Ellie, but you're sure never boring..."
 
*Swoon* I'm not religious by any means but damn Noah can make a girl want to convert with all those sweet things he says in the book. I'm a huge fan of the VR series and this is one of my favourites in the series. If you haven't read the series yet I highly recommend it!
 
What's your quote this week?
 
Follow on Bloglovin
 if-youre-here-blinkie
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Omg turn a girl into a puddle! Whewboy! What's the style of this one? I've read the series and she seems to do two types either focusing for the most part on the couple with very little secondary storyline or like 12 storylines going.

    (my favorite in the series is A Virgin River Christmas--it about did me in)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In general it's a series that should be read in order that way all the story lines make sense. This one as far as I remember mainly focused on the couple :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, he's good!I would never want to turn religious, but a declaration like this one would make me think at least 1 minute about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. I love the concept of opposites attracting and there is something ever so slightly naughty about thinking about a man of God being, ummmm, lets just call it being human. I have had this series on my Someday pile forever, but the more books that come out, the more I drag my heels thinking I will never get caught up. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!